The downside of losing weight

Options
MarincicS
MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
I've lost 40 pounds so far (with 110 to go) and decided it was time to recalculate my goals. *&$@# MFP reduced my daily calorie intake from 1,550 to 1,340!! Sigh!

Oh well. More time in the gym i guess . . .

:wink:

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 40 ....!!
  • imaloser
    imaloser Posts: 5
    Options
    Have you been losing weight steadily or have you reached a plateau? If you are still losing weight (or inches!) then keep the same amount of calories! Don't get stuck on the numbers. How are you feeling physically and emotionally? If you are doing well and sticking to your plan, then don't change your intake for now. It is not so much the numbers but the choices you make. Keep up the good work and congrats on losing 40 pounds!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I keep having to buy new clothes. I went from a 4xl to a 1xl and even 1xl is a little large now.
  • MarincicS
    Options
    Have you been losing weight steadily or have you reached a plateau? If you are still losing weight (or inches!) then keep the same amount of calories! Don't get stuck on the numbers. How are you feeling physically and emotionally? If you are doing well and sticking to your plan, then don't change your intake for now. It is not so much the numbers but the choices you make. Keep up the good work and congrats on losing 40 pounds!

I have been quite steady actually - averaging exactly 2 pounds per week. I'm feeling good about it. I have a few physical challenges (bad knees and arthritis in my hip) which seem to be preventing me from feeling really strong from the new physically-active mode, but otherwise it is all going really great. I have so much to lose though and am nervous about losing momentum.
  • MarincicS
    Options
    I keep having to buy new clothes. I went from a 4xl to a 1xl and even 1xl is a little large now.

I'm a little bummed about the clothes actually. My old clothes look like crap on me and some pants i can't even wear, but my stock of next-size-down pants are still a little too snug. I live in Singapore and there's not one single store i can shop in here, so don't have the luxury of trying things on, but i'll be in the US for a visit from next week and will do some shopping then. Hopefully i will really see my sizes drop then!
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    Honey I would shop till you drop. lol. I might even get a few things that are snug. U WILL get into them. It will give you motivation to keep it up. Plus if you dont have anywhere to shop it will help with that too. Great job. Keep it up. And have a ball shopping for all your new looks.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Shopping...hate it.

I'm down from a 24 to a 10 now, and did buy clothes finally (14's to 10's) when I started looking like my profile picture. I have yet to buy jeans since I don't wear them too much. The FLAB has to be the worst thing about losing weight. I started working out with Dancing with the Stars about 2 weeks ago, and threw caution to the wind and quit working out with weights. The Flab came back...so it's back to the weights and goodbye to the flab.

And there's another thing...shoes...

My shoes do not fit any more. What is up with that???
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options

This...I bought a bunch of size 10 dresses just 3 months ago and now I can barely wear them. Im a size 4-6 now.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You are doing great...... 40 lbs is alot..... while in the US buy something you really like a size or 2 smaller and let that be your motivation..... worked for me.... good luck to you......
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!