Chalean Extreme and fatigue?

Options
I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Did CLX and once I finished month 2 I was so exhausted and just hit complete workout burnout. I love Chalean, but the thought of doing another workout was enough to bring me to tears, lol! So I went back to the basics of Walk Away the Pounds to at least keep going with something. Would love to do it again, because the results were amazing, but not sure how to get over that fatigue, or if I need to start adding some muscle building supplements to support it. Funny thing is, my sister was doing it too and experienced the same feeling!

Replies

• melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I tend to get the same feeling around Week 10 of any program. What you're describing are pretty common symptoms of overtraining.

There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Make sure you are taking a recovery week - I find taking one every 3-4 weeks is very helpful. It's a week of lighter workouts (kinda like what you mentioned in your post). I take advantage of that time by doing extra stretching and yoga.

2. Recalculate your caloric needs based on your current measurements. Make sure you're eating enough and also try adjusting your percentage of carbs. Even bumping up by 5% can make a huge difference.

The nutrition side of things is really the key component to fitness. You have to do what's right for YOUR body and sometimes it takes tweaking to get it right... but remember that as time goes on and your body changes, your nutrition may need to change right along with it.

Mel
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing on this post! I've been experiencing some of the same feelings and I was pretty sure it was because I'm trying to complete the Lean Phase of CLX in 3 weeks instead of 4. The good news is I'm leaving on a 2 week vacation in 4 days so I'll get that recovery time.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected!