Net Calorie Question

Options
Ok I know this question has been asked before but I've read and read and I'm still confused. I looked on the iPhone app and it says "3634 Net Calories under weekly goal". What exactly does that mean?

I am 218 and my calorie intake for the day is 1200 and I usually have about 400 exercise calories a day. I normally will eat no more than 1/2 of the exercise calories back.

I am just so confused as to what all of the terminology means. If someone could "dumb it down" for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    nobody?
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    3634 calories u should of eaten
  • Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The net calories of the week left means you have that many calories left for the entire week. Also, it takes trial and error to find out what works for you, so stick to what you have for about a month and if you don't see anything, THEN change it up.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ok on the 15th, I had 3634 Net Calories under weekly goal....so this week I decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1500....and now it says 6572 Net calories under weekly goal. What the heck???? I will never understand all of this!
  • slayte
    slayte Posts: 9
    Options
    the net calorie goal is from Monday to Sunday. Sunday night after you logged or calories for the day check what is says then. Its thursday and Its says I am 6179 net calories under. HOwever I see that because of my exercise I have been below my calorie intake each day so far. So If all continues I am hoping to be still under some come Sunday.

So on Monday if your goal is to eat 1500 calories a day your fitness pal should say 10,500. if you simple stuck to your 1500 calories a day exactly and no excerise. Sunday night you should be at 0. However the more you work out or the less you eat you will be under this goal.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    the net calorie goal is from Monday to Sunday. Sunday night after you logged or calories for the day check what is says then. Its thursday and Its says I am 6179 net calories under. HOwever I see that because of my exercise I have been below my calorie intake each day so far. So If all continues I am hoping to be still under some come Sunday.

So on Monday if your goal is to eat 1500 calories a day your fitness pal should say 10,500. if you simple stuck to your 1500 calories a day exactly and no excerise. Sunday night you should be at 0. However the more you work out or the less you eat you will be under this goal.

How do you check for the week? I never noticed where that was I've only seen the dy by day.