Weekly Calorie Goal vs. Daily

Options
I like the idea of just making sure I'm within my goal at the end of the week, rather than constantly getting the same exact calories every day or not ever being able to go over, etc. I don't purposefully zig-zag, but if it happens I've never worried about it. I was scrolling through some threads & saw someone post something about burning extra muscle on the day with a larger deficit and storing extra fat on the day you go over & that your overall body fat would be slightly higher (assuming you do it regularly). It immediately sounded like complete crap to me, but I'm no expert & just wanted to make sure what I'm doing is fine? There's no truth to that statement, is there?

Replies

• selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    BUMP!

No idea, but I wonder (and stress) over this too!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I couldn't say whether there was any truth to the statement you mentioned, but it does sound like complete crap! Zig-zagging calories works for a lot of people, I'm not so disciplined as to do it methodically, but do generally work to my week goal. That way I can make up for days where I've eaten more without feeling like a failure for going over in the first place. Also, when I workout heavily, I tend to not want to eat a lot on those days but get ravenous the following days, so working to a weekly goal helps me balance those days out. It's not adversely affected my weight!