The way you eat...

Options
What do you like best about it? For instance, this could be the food itself, the way you feel, how much you can eat now, etc.

For me it's the sense of peace I've got knowing that I don't HAVE to eat terribly if I don't CHOOSE to, and I like the neatness of counting and tracking everything.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I was just curious.

Replies

• vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like when the food I eat is yummy - which is why I'm a fruit addict - I also like how "light" I feel eating healthy.. helps to keep going!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i like eating the food ive prepared myself, especially when a lot of time and effort has gone into it. always tastes the best :)
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have gotten back into the habit of cooking at home again (less calories) and you know, it taste pretty dang good, if I say so myself . ..
    though some times, it might still be hamburgers, or burritos, home made just taste better :drinker:
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like that I can pronounce all the ingredients in my meals now such as (but not limited to):

Carrots
    Apples
    Salmon
    etc...

I ate a lot of processed garbage before.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    i like eating the food ive prepared myself, especially when a lot of time and effort has gone into it. always tastes the best :)

I pretty much have to agree with this. I really like eating food that I have made myself. For one, I know what is in it and that it has been prepared correctly. For another, it's that feeling of accomplishment that I have made something wonderful. Nothing feels better then cooking for someone and have them say it was one of the best meals they have ever had or that they thought it was "restaurant quality".

I do still eat out, but now it is more of a special things for me. I refuse to spend money at restaurants when I can make the same thing at home and usually better. So I am a lot pickier when I go out to eat now.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Love the thread topic! I love that what I eat was prepared by myself with healthy, REAL food. It's good for me, is within my calorie limits, and best of all it's gosssh daarrrnn delicious!! I'm always satisfied, and I feel a sense of pride that I took the time and effort to do something good for my body. Then I never feel guilty treating myself to pizza or something on the weekends :)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I like that I am confident now about what I will like and what I can eat and still feel full despite the calories restriction.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I like losing fat and lifting weights. My food intake aligns with that goal, and that's what I like.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like that my taste buds have changed... when I ate processed junk I didn't like the taste and texture of a lot of fruit and vegetables, but as soon as I was limited to 1200 calories I had to get creative and now enjoy most fruits and veggies and can create a delicious dinner filled with delicious ingredients that is a pretty decent amount, all for under 400cals! Bargain!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I only cook at home. I won't eat processed, pre-made, or fast foods. I have lost most of my weight this way...it really works!

They all have to much, sugar, fat, and sodium in them. I love the taste of fresh foods...and lean meats!!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I like the fact I can still eat my favorite foods (occasionally and correctly portioned) so I don't feel deprived.

I've also learned that healthy/clean foods will keep me satisified and full longer than processed. And that processed sugar is a major trigger for me, causing me to want more junk food. Took me years to figure this out. Hey, what can I say... I'm a slow learner! :laugh:
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like being more mindful of what I eat. If it doesn't taste great, I'm not going to finish it (like the free lunch they offered us at work last week, or the pizza last night that was too spicy). I used to clean my plate and finish whatever I started. On this journey I've decided, if I don't thoroughly enjoy it, I'm not going to waste my calorie allotment on it. This is a new concept for me. I always felt guilty if I didn't finish whatever was in front of me.
  • slimtrimgoody
    slimtrimgoody Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like being in control of me. I have tried numerous diets, diet plans, etc. And yes, they all worked for a little while but then ultimately I gained all the weight back plus more. Deprivation never works. Following someone else's plan never works in the long run. So for me, I like the freedom to make my own healthy choices and keep track of my progress. I am the captain of my ship and my compass is pointing towards a change in lifestyle with a goal of health. I try to keep in mind to balance what I eat and to make sure to eat fiber, more non-starchy vegetables, and fruit on a daily basis with lots of refreshing water. Complemented with regular exercise routines throughout the week.
  • slimtrimgoody
    slimtrimgoody Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I like how big my meals come out and being less than like 600 calories.

I've had meals at restaurants that have been like 500 calories or less and they are measly little meals. I had a Spag Bol from Frankies & Benny's a while back from the Light Menu. I got hardly any meat, a bit of spaghetti and the rest was raw veggies...

Today I made a meal with rice, a lot of chicken, peppers, onions, passata, chopped tomatoes and it fills an adult sized plate and comes at 569 calories.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like eating wholesome and natural. I get a kick out of trying to be healthy and fit.

I also like eating pretty much anything I want once in a while, providing I portion it correctly and don't stammer over the occasional calorie overage. It all averages out over the rest of the time. Good exercise helps erase blemishes like that. :bigsmile:
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    A friend recommended a local farm that sells fresh fruit and veg not only that they grow, but that come from a collective radius of the area. BEST thing I ever did. Not only do I know exactly where my food comes from every week, but it's fresh. I had no idea how much of a difference it makes.

I cook everything from scratch now, know exactly what I'm putting in my system, and I get to support local, hard working farmers too. Not something I ever thought about before, but it's a pretty great thing to be a part of.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My food looks good, tastes good, and makes me feel good. And I don't feel guilty after eating it or overly full. Its clean and healthy and homecooked.