Peanut Butter and Jamlet: Best breakfast ever?

Options
mollydubs
mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
(yes.)

7376121380_ac721f8374.jpg

RECIPE: http://quicheaweek.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/sweet-and-savory-breakfast-ii-peanut-butter-and-jamlet/

There's an original version and a lite version. Try both. Maybe not at the same time. But also maybe at the same time.

Replies

• dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This sounds different but worth giving a try!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I am trying this : )
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    i absolutely love peanut butter, but this sounds disgusting.

and yet i'm curious.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but YUK! lol
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have to try this...thanks!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Thanks for the recipe. A bit too strong for me for breakfast but it's will definitely become a treat.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I was all prepared to say gross, but after going to the website and thinking about it a little more, I think I'm going to have to try this! The website compared it to eating french toast with peanut butter and jam just without the bread. I freaking love peanut butter on my french toast. I'm so trying this today or tomorrow! BTW, the Quiche of the Week: Greek Salad and Pizza recipe looks amazing too! Thanks
  • bobbrownpastor
    Options
    Im new to the website...how do I find th resipe? The picture dont help me cook it thx
  • mollydubs
    Options
    Haha everyone's initial reaction is "EW." And then, about a minute later, "Oh." A couple minutes later, "I might..." And then you're completely onboard.

The french toast pb and j taste is awesome, I must say. French toast is dependent on its egg wash and often times cinnamon flavor so it kinda just makes sense that this would pick up the same flavors. I've had it twice now (once original, once light) and I have no complaints :)
  • mollydubs
    Options
    Im new to the website...how do I find th resipe? The picture dont help me cook it thx

You copy the link after "RECIPE" under the picture and paste it into your address bar.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this tomorrow, but do you think you could use Greek yoghurt instead of cottage cheese? Not really a fan of the stuff and would have to buy it in specially. Otherwise... I so need this in my life!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Uummmm... sounds... interesting lol I think I might have to add some milk and flour to them eggs (crepe/pancake)... then it would be ok LOL
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to a crepe.......could replace peanut butter with nutella (which has about same nutrition facts as reduced fat PB), and replace jam and/or cottage cheese with banana
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I just might try this!!
  • jessc2198
    jessc2198 Posts: 11
    Options
    This will be my breakfast for tomorrow =)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Can someone copy and paste the actual recipe to this thread? I am at work and the website that it is on is blocked :(
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Original Peanut Butter and Jamlet
    342 calories // 14g carbs // 22g fat // 27g protein // 2g fiber // 8g sugar
    ■1 large egg
    ■2 egg whites
    ■2 tablespoon of cottage cheese
    ■a dash of cinnamon
    ■2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
    ■1/2 tablespoon jam

Peanut Butter and Jamlet (Lite)
    232 calories // 10g carbs // 9g fat // 27g protein // 1g fiber // 7g sugar
    ■3/4 cup liquid egg whites
    ■2 tablespoons cottage cheese
    ■a dash of cinnamon
    ■1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
    ■1/2 tablespoon jam

In a small bowl, whisk your eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, and cinnamon. I another small bowl, mix together your pb and j.

Heat up a pan over medium heat with some baking (not olive oil) spray. Pour your egg mixture in and let it cook until the edges dry some. Plop your pb and j mixture on one half of the egg, leaving generous room on the edge. Cook a little more until you’re ready to fold over the omelet. Fold. Cook a bit. Flip. Make sure it’s cooked and stuff. Flip. Put on a plate. Marvel at the awesome.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Omgggggggggg

That sounds GLORIOUS!

Thank you for pasting!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That's sounds pretty good to me! YUM!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Ok I made this today : ) YUM!!
    I used 2 whole eggs as the egg white powder I have isn't all that. You can't taste the cottage cheese for those not keen on it.