Carbs vs Calories ....

Options
Which one is more important to count to help lose the most weight? I was tracking my calories for a while, but found myself snacking on 100 calories quick snacks that were loaded with carbs.

Replies

• rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Calories!
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Both. You want to consider the quality of calories you're putting in your body.
  • cutter61
    cutter61 Posts: 16
    Options
    It all comes down to one thing... Calories, pay attention
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Both. You want to consider the quality of calories you're putting in your body.

^^^ this.

Those 100 calorie snacks don't satisfy me. It is full of simple carbs. I eat raw nuts or string cheese. Sure it will have more calories but they are better nutrition. Honestly my snacks aren't 100 calories... more like 400 calories. Full and satisfied.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Which one is more important to count to help lose the most weight? I was tracking my calories for a while, but found myself snacking on 100 calories quick snacks that were loaded with carbs.

Calories ---> Change in weight.
    Macronutrients ----> Change in body composition.
    Micronutrients
    > Health.

And all 3 can effect performance/behavior. The above is a generalization outside of performance effects.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    exchanging protein for carbs gram for gram gave improved fat loss in one study. Within reason, of course. The weight loss was the same.
  • moea432
    moea432 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    its comes down to EVERYTHING! for example (trying to explain this easily) lets say i eat small and under my cals but its JUNK(packaged food) ,its not going to help me lose as much weight ( if at all) if I were to have eaten under my cals and it was alot of good foods (fresh fruit/veggies/ nuts....)