27 pounds lost..heel spur can't keep me down...

Options
JennBunny73
JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
I have lost 27 pounds so far..but I really want to lose at least 20 more..My biggest obstacle has been a very painful heel spur that burns like it is on fire when I do big calorie burning workouts...I have started some aqua classes and really like those and I am going to continue to do hard workouts until I just can't go anymore. My doctor wanted to do surgery last month, but I talked her into letting me go until the end of summer to try to lose a few more..I just hope I can stay motivated enough to do so. I am scared of not being able to work out for 2-3 months after my surgery. Below pic is my success so far (taken in same shirt, Nov, Jan, March, and June). I started working out on November 7 at 199.8 and now I am between 173 and 171..depending on what I eat/workout..Trying to get into the 160s by the end of June!
7380297768_1f48e17ccb.jpg
collageJune1 by gordnas24, on Flickr

Replies

• bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow - congrats to you! The difference is remarkable! Be careful with your injury, though. What you have done is inspiring!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done. Take care of yourself though! :smile:
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! It definitely isn't easy and I am trying to be careful with the foot..that is why I have started water classes..I am really not sure what you burn with them since I can't wear a calorie counter in the watch, but both the shallow and deep water were pretty challenging.
  • jpvanzut
    jpvanzut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your posture has improved so much too!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I get some of my best workouts in the pool. I actually sweat in the water. lol Good luck you look great!!!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! You have been such an inspiration!! Love ya and take care of that foot!
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great results. Lots and lots of hamstring/ Achilles stretches helped my heel spur, down wards facing dog if you know yoga...
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Huge difference! This was so motivating to me. Awesome job! :)
  • bpiernas
    Options
    Hi, I began working out but now have heel spurs, what does your routine look like, to help minimize the pain? I have to loose 50 pounds in about 6 months!!!! I am getting married in May 2013 but walking even hurts. My job requires me to be on my feet and by the time I get home I can barely walk? Any suggestions would be awesome. I was an athlete and this extra wiehgt and pain is friving me nuts! I saw your progress and instantly became inspired and new that this was do able. Thanks in advance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!