1/2 cup vanilla nonfat, sugar free yogurt
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 medium ripe banana
4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
butter flavored cooking spray
recipe directions
Stir yogurt and maple syrup to blend in small bowl, set aside. Combine banana and orange concentrate in medium bowl. Using fork, mash to coarse paste. Spread banana mixture on two bread slices. Top each with a second bread slice, pressing to adhere. Beat whites and milk in shallow bowl to blend. Spray butter flavored cooking spray in large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Dip both sides of each sandwich briefly into milk mixture and add to skillet. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with sugar free maple syrup or agave nectar or greek yogurt.

es9atl.jpg

Replies

• Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe but it doesn't mention orange in the ingredients.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Here's something similar that I'm going to try. Can control the calories by the number of bites you have. http://www.emilybites.com/2012/03/banana-pancake-bites.html

Banana Pancake Bites

Source: adapted from The World According to Eggface

Ingredients:
    1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart Pancake & Baking Mix
    2/3 cup skim milk
    ½ cup reduced calorie breakfast syrup
    1 large ripe banana, chopped into small pieces

Directions:
    1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 24 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
    2. In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, milk and syrup until thoroughly combined.
    3. Divide the batter evenly amongst the prepared mini muffin tin cups. Sprinkle the chopped banana pieces over the tops of each muffin cup. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until golden and cooked through.

Yields 24 pancake bites. WW P+: 1 per bite (a serving of four pancake bites is 4 P+) (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
    Nutrition Information per pancake bite from myfitnesspal.com: 33 calories, 7 g carbs, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What orange concentrate?
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

It also doesn't mention what you're supposed to do with the maple syrup yogurt mixture...
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    bump
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options

It also doesn't mention what you're supposed to do with the maple syrup yogurt mixture...

Yeah, what's up? I am so confused...
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think there's some instructions/ingredients missing... but it looks good from the pic...
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I do something similar. Using egg whites, splenda, cinnamon and a dash of milk I make 2 pieces of weight watcher bread into french toast and then sandwich whatever I want in between them using fat free cream cheese as "glue." Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, they are all great! At my family cottage I make them and cut the sandwiches into 4 pieces, make a big tray of them and they work well as a breakfast for many people.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Did a little looking around the internet and found this. I believe this is the correct recipe

1 medium ripe banana
    2 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup skim milk
    recipe directions
    Stir yogurt and maple syrup to blend in small bowl, set aside. Combine banana and orange concentrate in medium bowl. Using fork, mash to coarse paste. Spread banana mixture on two bread slices. Top each with a second bread slice, pressing to adhere. Beat whites and milk in shallow bowl to blend. Spray butter flavored cooking spray in large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Dip both sides of each sandwich briefly into milk mixture and add to skillet. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with maple yogurt.

Serves: 2 - Nutrition Information Per Serving:
    calories - 374

total fat - 1

sat fat - 0

protein - 15

fiber - 3

sodium (mg) - 302

carbs - 75
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    Opps! Sorry! Totally forgot 2 ingredients! I can't edit it though!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sounds reeeeally good!!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Did a little looking around the internet and found this. I believe this is the correct recipe

1 medium ripe banana
    2 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup skim milk
    recipe directions
    Stir yogurt and maple syrup to blend in small bowl, set aside. Combine banana and orange concentrate in medium bowl. Using fork, mash to coarse paste. Spread banana mixture on two bread slices. Top each with a second bread slice, pressing to adhere. Beat whites and milk in shallow bowl to blend. Spray butter flavored cooking spray in large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Dip both sides of each sandwich briefly into milk mixture and add to skillet. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with maple yogurt.

Serves: 2 - Nutrition Information Per Serving:
    calories - 374

total fat - 1

sat fat - 0

protein - 15

fiber - 3

sodium (mg) - 302

carbs - 75

Thanks for the complete recipe and instructions!