I have a long ways to go

Options
jjscholar
jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
I just wanted to say that the story of my latest attempt to lose weight has been successful...

About 11 months ago, I weighed 393 lbs and almost died because of my weight and my out of control blood pressure...

I made a conscious decision to change my diet and to begin an exercise program... In addition, a little under six months ago, I started to use the myfitnesspal.com website and Android Mobile application...

As of this morning 6-16-12 I weighed in at 186.2 lbs...

Some of you may ask why I have a not posted any before and after photos... The reason why is that I still feel that I am not very photogenic... That is one of the reasons why I had selected the particular title of this post...

I still need to make sure that I can maintain my weight loss... I need to realize that improving myself is not just a short term task that has been completed but it needs to become a way of life for me... I need to realize that I am not the most ugly person on Earth...

At this point, I still have a long ways to go...

Replies

• fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    393 to 182? that's amazing! congrats! Thing is, sometimes when we lose weight we still see the old person we were. You should say something good about yoursef everday, and carry before and after pictures. (yeah, i lost 8lbs last year and gained it back.) so I guess i haven't lost any. so you are way better than me!
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That is wondeful, i hope you mind catches up with your body soon because you have worked hard and deserve to feel comfortable in your own skin.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful weight loss. You should be so very proud of you what you have accomplished. Your hard work has totally paid off. I totally understand about how it takes our mind/brain awhile to catch up with our body. I have lost about 70 pounds and I still see myself (at times) as the big one. We are all a work in progress. I am not a fan of seeing my old pictures but I was going through them the other day and I was amazed by how far I have come. You don't have to put your pictures on this site (if you are not comfortable), but you should put them together for you to see. As seeing the before picture will be totally inspiring for you as it will make you realize how far you have really come.

Keep up the great work :-)
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow. Awesome job.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I just wanted to say that the story of my latest attempt to lose weight has been successful...

About 11 months ago, I weighed 393 lbs and almost died because of my weight and my out of control blood pressure...

I made a conscious decision to change my diet and to begin an exercise program... In addition, a little under six months ago, I started to use the myfitnesspal.com website and Android Mobile application...

As of this morning 6-16-12 I weighed in at 186.2 lbs...

Some of you may ask why I have a not posted any before and after photos... The reason why is that I still feel that I am not very photogenic... That is one of the reasons why I had selected the particular title of this post...

I still need to make sure that I can maintain my weight loss... I need to realize that improving myself is not just a short term task that has been completed but it needs to become a way of life for me... I need to realize that I am not the most ugly person on Earth...

At this point, I still have a long ways to go...

I'm not photogenic either. I have to take so many photos of myself or my husband will take them just to get one where I don't look hideously ugly. People use to ask me why I wasn't a model (when I lost weight once) and the truth is, you have to be photogenic to be a model, not just attractive or look young for your age (I'm 52 now but I use to look a lot younger people said). People on here are so supportive. They tell you that you look beautiful even if you don't feel your photo portrays the real you. Not everyone is photogenic or model material but a huge weight loss like that is an inspiration and I am sure you look a LOT better than you think! You seem like a person with a big and beautiful heart, just get more self confidence. I know it is hard, I struggle with it every day due to childhood and tween abuse by my bipolar Mother!

Congratulations! You can see my photos if you want... Good luck in your continued success
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, well done!!
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think that is such a terrific success...Congrats!
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I hope to succeed as you have!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank all of you for your support...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!