What do after having a binge day? Help :(((

Options
This week I have been dieting and have managed to lose 4 pounds this week by exercising and eating healthy, I have had a binge day by eating a load of partly food and alcohol what do I do ? Helppp please scared invade putting weigh on. :(

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Just cut back your calories for a few days =) I'm gonna 'save up' some calories for a cheat day this weekend.. You aren't gonna put on weight unless you eat 3,500 extra calories.. even then its only 1 lb.
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Forgive yourself
    2 Have a non-binge day tomorrow
  • anthonychadwick
    Options
    Forget about the past and focus on today and tomorrow. I have had those days also, I will walk are do yard work to burn some extra calories the following week. Keep looking foward, NEVER behind.
    Good Luck And God Bless

PS I do alot of praying for strength.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Train train and train, until Satan leaves your body,
    by Satan I mean those extra cals,
    As long as the average cals are a deficit you will make it, ups and downs will slow u down though, but for many, are normal.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! Give your workouts your all and try to stay focused with eating better. Like someone already said, it takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a lbs...don't stress it :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    1. Forgive yourself

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^, Move on, nothing to see here.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I say just get back on that horse as if it never happened. Chances are that you didn't binge as bad as you think you did. Four pounds would be 14000 calories. So, in all likelihood, you took a bunch of steps forward and one step back. No big deal. Just get back on track tomorrow. You'll be fine.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great advice from above posters. Also, come up with a plan to cope in party situations next time.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I had the worse binge day since I started back in January and I'm feeling terrible about it. I was at a friend's party yesterday and there was SO much not so healthy food I hadn't had in a long time. It's 4pm and I'm still feeling bloated and full from last night.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Drink butt loads of water, maybe do an extra workout tonight just to make yourself feel better and most importantly forgive yourself, let it go and get back on the horse tomorrow.

And to avoid these binges I pick one day a week to eat at maintenace and let myself have "bad" foods that day.
  • Kenjammin
    Kenjammin Posts: 3
    Options
    I had a binge day after my g/f got back from vacation too. Just get back on track and maybe exercise a little bit more than your usual. Its ok to reward yourself every once in awhile...just try to stay away from bad influences and that'll make it easier to stay focused. (Motivational quotes on the fridge also help!)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and move on. I had a few binge days along the way and in the whole scheme of a healthy living plan it may set you back a week, but when you average the calories out its no big deal ,you can make it up 100 cals a day if you feel the need
  • pinkpip
    pinkpip Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice , it fathers day tomorrow and we are going out for a Sunday dinner have yous got any advice. On having a healthy cavery meals ? And I'll have to exercise a lot tomorrow to get myself back on track :)
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When you're out like that, decide ahead of time what you will and won't eat. Eat beforehand and only have a drink. Just order a small salad and eat beforehand. Split something with a friend. Only eat half of what's on your plate. Planning ahead will help loads!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I go out to eat unless its my maintenance day I usually get a broth based soup. Chicken Noodle, Vegetable, Minestrone, Beef and Barley...these are all usually 400 cal or under for a bowl. And I make sure Im not starving when I go to the resteraunt.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    try binge eating support group also it is very helpful
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Remember that you didn't gain all the weight you want to lose in one day. So your not going to gain much by haveing one "cheat" day. Quit stressing about it, and do a workout.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Calm down it's not the end of the world. Get back on track. Drink your daily water, hit the gym.
    Father's day. Look the place up you are going to, plan ahead. This is what I'm doing. If they don't have low cal choices...eat just half what's on your plate. Best of luck to you!!
    Remember your not alone!!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Shake it off :) Everyone has had them. It's not something to be proud of, but it's not something you can't fix either. Try to look at the reasons behind the binge. Were you really hungry? Had an exceptionally difficult/stressful day? Bored? I've had problems with that same thing, too, and I found that I ate when I was bored. All the time. Sometimes I eat when I'm stressed, but after dealing with it, when I get stressed out, my appetite actually goes down. When you feel you want to binge, get out of the house. Go for a walk. Take a book and go read it in a park. Or stay in and try some yoga or even a bubble bath with candles! Do something ELSE to satisfy what's not feeling right to alleviate your stress instead of trying to self-medicate with food. If you find that doing this on your own isn't working, then joining a support group (like another poster said) is definitely a good idea. Best of luck and don't worry, you're doing fine!

Edit to add: I've also cut alcohol from my diet completely and I'm noticing a BIG difference in my energy levels and progress. That's my personal choice, since I know alcohol has been a huge factor in my weight gain. See what you can do about limiting your intake slowly so you don't feel the need to binge. Your liver will thank you :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    1. Forgive yourself

^^^^^^
    this &
    Drink a ton of water