Older and more difficult

I am a 67 year old female and feel defeated with attempting to lose weight at this age. Struggled all my life and want to quit worrying. Weigh most now ever weighed but am a large person with childhood self image issues. Anyone out there older?

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    What do you consider older?

If 40 is older, then I guess I am.

It's never too late to start. I started lifting weights at the age of 39.

Just being here on this site is the first step. :smile:
  • ahawks98
    ahawks98 Posts: 19
    I am 51 but don't think of myself as "old." Life hasn't been easy for me either and weight has always been an issue not to mention a list of genetic pre-dispossed illnesses but I refuse to let all that keep me down. Life is a gift and we are to enjoy it. I believe that by choosing to be healthier we will enjoy that gift to the fullest. Be encouraged, as it's been said before just by being here you are making a good choice already. My name is Ana, feel free to add me :)
  • Sarmarc
    Sarmarc Posts: 5
    40 is not 67 but you are correct that we must keep going :smile: thank you and good luck to you also. I know our metabolism changes as we get older and any medicine we take affects it too.
  • Sarmarc
    Thank you. I do not think of myself as old either and although I am overweight many people think I am at least 5 years younger than I am. I appreciate your encouragement.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    I've seen some older people on here (older than 60) who have had remarkable success losing weight too. You just have to decide what you are going to do and give it your all. I
  • Sarmarc
    WOw...you are an inspiration by having lost so much weight. Congrats!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    I am 55 and lost this weight in the past 18 months. It was a life saving decision to do it once and for all. I have a new lease on life and more energy than i have ever had since my 20s. My mother (age 81) lost 70 lbs about 5 years ago. I know I lost a lot of time,but we still have a life to live and every moment counts.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    It is never to late. You just have to be determined to do it. Work the food diary, it is a big help to see what a poriton is and how many calories are in your food. I know it made me realize how much mindless eating I was doing. I have lost 48lbs, some before I started here. I do alot of walking on my job so that is a help. Walking is great excercise, onweekends I still make sure I get some walking in. Best of luck to you. You can do this just be determined to make a few small changes.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Hi, there !

I'm 60 ..... three years ago I decided it was time to eat better & get some exercise ....... lost 40+ pounds & kept it off ...... now I'm tackling the next 10-15 pounds .....

Forget past issues ...... it will only bog you down ...... approach this with an open mind & create new habits ...... happy losing :flowerforyou: