how do u cook spaghetti squash?

Options
kikiboniki
kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
How do you take it from giant squash to noodley consistency. I know I can google this, but I was wondering if anyone has a certain way that they do it.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half. Then cook it on a cookie sheet , cut side down. I usually put a little olive oil on the cookie sheet as well. When it done I use a fork and scrape out the "noodles".
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Oven for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Same as Jackie, I usually salt & pepper, cut side up :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I used a wood skewer. Poked it a few times. Baked 375 about an hour. Cut in half. Clean out seeds. Then rake it out with a fork. I added EVOO and salt and pepper. was delish.

Also cut in half. Discard seeds Brown sugar and butter, or similar and bake. Good luck!!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I just stab the entire thing all over with a meat fork until it looks suitably holy, then cut it in half and cook it at 410* for about 75 minutes, or until a fork goes into the flesh with no hesitation. Let it cool a bit to edible-ish heat, then string it up with a fork. I like to add some sour cream and brown sugar to it, but you can put marinara sauce on it, pesto, or any cream sauce...

I usually leave the spaghetti in the shell. Easier cleanup. :)
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. It's super easy...you don't need to really do anything but be patient and then scrape it with a fork. I'm making one tonight :)
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    if you are really impatiant..
    you can put it in the microwave.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    cut it in half, take the seeds out with a spoon. season it with a spritz of olive oil and some black pepper.... bake skin side up (two halves face down) ...... pull squash out with a fork - will 'noodle-fy' it'self. ;) enjoy!! Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite things!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Cut down the middle long ways.....dig out the seeds......microwave till it's soft to the touch with a fork.....in my little microwave, about 20 minutes...but ovens vary...
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I cut it in half. Then cook it on a cookie sheet , cut side down. I usually put a little olive oil on the cookie sheet as well. When it done I use a fork and scrape out the "noodles".
    I put water on the cookie sheet. After I scrape out the noodles I just add butter salt and pepper!! So yummy!!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I cut it, scrape out the seeds and loose fibers and place cut side down in pyrex dish add an inch of water and microwave for about 15 minutes. Remove fibers (spaghetti strands) with a fork.
  • smartin9912
    smartin9912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half face down in a pan with about 1/2 of water at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or you can even cook them on the grill wrapped in tin foil :)
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    I put it whole in the crockpot with some water for about 6 hours. Nice not to run the oven in the summer.