10 K tomorrow / today

Options
paulwgun
paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
:bigsmile: Date January 2011, ive just lost a stone (14lb) to make my new jeans i had for Christmas button up for our rugby trip to Italy and they fit :bigsmile:
its a weekend of drink and food and those bloody jeans are getting tight around the waist :grumble: Ive put on more weight and by August i'm hitting 49 years of age and almost back to my original weight of 221/2 stone (315lb) there's a new gym opening near to home and my son is saying "dad come to the gym you need to loose weight" reluctantly i go as im thinking everyone is gona judge me and decide to try the treadmill ...................3min in and my shins are in agony so instead of saying F##ck that i decided to use the cross trainer/elliptical to improve my fitness, i then mentioned on MFP that i would love to do C25K on a treadmill and an Angel of a girl from new jersey messaged me to say she wanted to be my on line running buddy. We compared notes and got on with our training .................to think someone 1/2 my age had the faintest interest in my health was very touching i have thanked her for making me get off my *kitten* and shes quite humble about it, but i know she made a difference in my life
Anyhow I started C25K in January and completed it. At 11:30 GMT on 17 of June around 23 hrs from now i will compete in my first 10K race

I wont win as im a very slow runner but if anyone would have told me in June 2011 i would be running a 10 k next year i would have told them they were talking balloks :bigsmile:

I will write a blog / journal about my journey soon but now i have to go to bed ..............10 k in the morning :bigsmile:

Replies

• mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    Options
    i am so proud of you in so many ways - you've made tremendous strides. even if you're a slow runner, you're doing better than everyone else that isn't doing anything! and you tell that old fart in the bar after you finish that you did awesome and better than he ever could!!! you've inspired me as well and I'm glad we've made a connection overseas - i can't wait to hear about your race tomorrow!!!
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great for you! You are going to be amazing tomorrow! It is amazing what our bodies can do when we encourage them! Have a great time and be proud!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Well im up early and nervous getting some water on board early, and some carbs. Need to go in to work for a few hours as were busy today and im off running :bigsmile: Leaving them to it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!