What do you eat at a Chinese restaurant

Options
bethelcheryl
bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
Going to eat Chinese for Fathers' Day tomorrow. Chinese food has never been my favorite. I pretty much stick with lo mein because I know what it tastes like. But I'm bored of it so I'm looking for suggestions of something else to try. I know I don't like General Tao's chicken or anything too spicy. All the better if it is healthy but I am willing to splurge a bit calorie wise tomorrow.

Replies

• kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I like bourbon chicken not even sure if its Chinese , beef w/ broccoli , ..sweet and sour chicken ..

I love shrimp anything ..

I am not going to be a good person for this thread ..

pretty much stuff it all on my plate and go back for more..
    :D
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    hot pot usually but i prefer dim sum restaurant.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken and vegetables
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like general chicken. fried rice and lo mein lol. Egg drop soup. those little sugar donut things. Like 10 of them. LOL
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli with white rice....or if i had a big workout/water day i'll eat my regular fried rice with wings and spare ribs #yolo lol
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly soup. Go to PF changs website and look at their calories for when you dine in. Also be aware that a plate, is sometimes considered 2 or 3 servings. I also try to stick to beef and broccoli types when I do order actual non soup food.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    wonton soup
    steamed chix & veggies, or beef & broccoli
    brown rice

enjoy the day !
  • talkingtohope
    Options
    MOO SHU PORK

the best
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Moo Goo Gai Pan is good and its made with a light chicken broth sauce rather than something heavy and sweet.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    If I am trying to stay within calorie goal - chicken and broccoli. If I dont give a damn - general tso's chicken and crab rangoons
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Chinese food
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Silly, I eat Chinese food at a Chinese restaraunt.
  • musharooni
    Options
    Garlic shrimp, no rice.
  • seantugers2
    Options
    i get chicken and broccoli...... NO RICE u can eat won ton soup or any other soup really
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Anything shrimp, chicken balls, and chicken soo guy (sp?)

ETA: Wonton soup.

If I get Chinese food, I know there's no chance of staying in my calorie goal so I just enjoy it and get the foods I like.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I LOVE chinese food...I could eat it everyday...loi

I try to stick with chicken brocolli..and I'd go home and make some brown rice to go with it (unless I'm at school)..that's honestly all I eat that's "some what healthy"
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Beef and Broccoli with steamed rice, Pepper Steak, Garlic Chicken, Chicken/Beef with vegetables, Mongolian Beef/Chicken. All are not that bad for you. Moo Goo Gai Pan and Pineapple Chicken are lighter and have less sodium, generally. Stay away from sesame oil if you're trying to fit this into your diet. Pot Stickers and/or Crab Rangoon if you're feeling frisky. Sometimes I'll just get Hot and Sour, Egg Drop or Chicken soup if I don't want to go overboard.

I love Chinese food. Good luck!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Broccoli
    Sweet and Sour Chicken
    Sesame Chicken...though some places make it spicer than others. You can ask for it to not be spicy.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    "What do you eat at a Chinese restaurant?"

EVERYTHING. :laugh:
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ooh I forgot about pot stickers. Those will not help me lose weight but they are good lol. Maybe I will try moo goo gai pan to expand their horizens though. Thanks all :)