sabotaging myself?

Options
So I eat healthy and drink at least 7 cups of water a day. However, in the heat I have been allowing myself to have iced tea. Its in powdered form and I dilute it so its way watered down. It does have 45 calories per 8 oz and I drink 2-4 cups daily. I always add my calories and with the tea and my food it is 1400 calories and then I also workout to make sure i have a deficit. Just wondering if this is really bad for me. I behave with everything else except my iced tea.

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    How are you not behaving if you log it and stay within your calories with it? Yes, calories from food are better then drink, but you are not a machine. You are a human being and sometimes you need to enjoy things. If that is tea, then so be it.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Thanks so much. I guess I am just being way too hard on myself. When you haven't seen results in a long time you tend to beat yourself up over everything. At dinner I talked myself out of eating more salad because of the extra calories. ugh
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    I eat chocolate every single day and I've lost about 1lb per week for 20 weeks. So I'm sure iced tea is just fine.
  • queenie09
    queenie09 Posts: 25
    Options
    I allow myself dark chocolate every day. It is my treat and I count it. So be it. I have lost 53lbs.

I think we have to try and keep our dieting in perspective, we are making life changes not really a diet. So, if Ice Tea makes you feel good on a hot day I say GO FOR IT. :)

cheers.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can sip and enjoy without the guilt.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love reading these posts! I am just starting out (AGAIN) and reading these kind of posts are so encouraging! I actually had a cup of ice cream tonight and am still at a 200 deficit!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    you can eat/drink whatever you want, so long as you don't go over on your calories.
  • Jimmy_Jojo
    Jimmy_Jojo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think you're definitely being way too hard on yourself. I always have a tendency to beat myself up over the little things, but at the end of the day, you need a little treat here and there to stay on track. I find that when I don't let myself stray at all, that's when I tend to binge eat the most later!

Sounds like you've been really good so far, keep up the good work!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can sip and enjoy without the guilt.

Glad to hear it!

If you can work it into your calories, then enjoy it. Have you tried the Trop 50 flavored teas? I love the peach and white tea plus, it has 50 percent less sugar, only 35 calories a glass, and no artificial sweeteners! I drink mostly water all day, but will have a glass of this about once a day to break things up.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with drinking ice tea if it fits in your planned intake of calories. But if it doesn't you could try making your own iced tea as well. Make some (hot) green tea, let it cool. Then add in a little lemon juice and ice cubes. For me this tastes perfect, but if you want some sugar in it, you can use sugar substitutes.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I guess I am just being way too hard on myself. When you haven't seen results in a long time you tend to beat yourself up over everything. At dinner I talked myself out of eating more salad because of the extra calories. ugh

How long is a long time and what is your calorie intake like (just the number, I mean)?