Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 11/2 - 11/8

Options

Replies

• clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    so my water totally sucked yesterday. i have no idea how much i drank, but i know it way under my goal. and tomorrow is my own personal weigh-in day, so today, i will be guzzling it down (and taking a thousand trips to the bathroom)!!! my goal for today is 120oz.
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Today I am running running running with with my job today (2 conferences at the same time)!! I got in my AM workout but I didn't meet my goal yesterday for water (my goal was 80 and i only got 69:grumble: ). I am having the same trouble trying to get my eating to be great. Its okay now and I have my good days and my bad days. And some days it makes me feel worse that my co-worker just lost about 100lbs in less than a year doing medifast but when I looked at it it was expensive and even she said the food was disgusting:noway: !! How am I supposed to follow a plan with digusting food??? So I just keep trying to do what I know is right and hope that the scale finally starts to move:ohwell: . I hadn't planned on griping when I started writing, sorry...

I hope everyone has a great day and drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: !!!!

I googled the medifast plan.... I think in the long run you will be much happier doing this your way. Eating between 800 - 1000 calories a day in the form of shakes, bars, drinks, and one meal? How will she transition to real life? You don't have to be miserable and eat disgusting food to lose weight. Hang in there! You can do this the healthy way :flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    People who lose weight like that and do it fast are almost guaranteed to regain and plus some. Those of us who are losing a bit slower will be more likely to keep it off. Do not be discouraged Leshawn, YOU are doing the right thing
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You ARE doing the right thing! My sister had weight loss surgery a little over a year ago and has lost well over 110 lbs (not sure on the exact number). Any way basically.. she has a smaller stomach now. So, she eats something (small amounts usually 4-6oz of food) about every 3-4 hours. Because she has to limit how much she eats, what she puts in her mouth she makes count. Lots of protein, she stays away from white flour, takes her vitamins and low fat. The Dr.'s have said this method actually increases the metabolism and allows you to burn more calories. Don't get me wrong during the holidays last year she did enjoy some of the goodies but, in moderation. She would have about 3 bites of a desert and that was it for the junk. She just chews everything more than she use to and really took the time to savor the flavor. My thoughts are if she can loose weight by making good choices in what she puts in her mouth then I should be able to do the same thing but instead of surgery I am using will power! :smile:

:happy: Hang in there.. you did not put this weight on over night therefore it will not go away overnight. Momma2four is right.. you will be more likely to keep the weight off once lost through lifestyle changes!! YOU can do it!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I really needed that boost. I did bad with my water today too, but I did get in both of my workouts today. I'm supposed to go buy myself a food scale so that I can start back weighing my food. Its on my lists of things to do this week. I will do it before the weeks out. My friend looks great and feels great and I'm happy for her, but I know she feels like she has to stick with some version of Medifast in order to keep the weight off. I know I'm doing this the right way and I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I'm still hanging in there!!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey all I drank 88 ounces today. I think I will stick with that number for a while.
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Got another gallon down yesterday although I had to really consciously make myself do it as I was busy with clients. Today will be another push but I am going to drink another gallon.. I really do feel better when I am properly hydrated! :wink:
    How did everyone else do?
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Getting ready to go to the gym... haven't been in 3 weeks :noway:
    Hope I don't die!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Dawnannw - YOU GO GIRL!!!! 1 gal of water a day is fabulous!!! Cheers to you!!!

Shelly - good luck at the gym!! You won't die, you might just feel like you have for a few minutes!!:laugh: :laugh: LOL!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

I'm trying for my 80 again today. I didn't make it yesterday, but I'm determined to get it today!!!
  • HealthyMom4MyKids
    Options
    Good morning!

Wow, yesterday I really let go of a lot of emotions. I have been so mad and angry at myself about my weight that it has really seeped into just about every area of my life. On top of that I am stressed over my 1 yr olds birthday party a week from Saturday, a trip to Disney World, and the lack of Christmas shopping I have done. Definitely a Calgon moment.

Well, today I am going to start making some changes. This time I am not going to try and make all the changes I want in one day. I seem to think it has to be all or nothing and when you think that, it usually ends up being nothing.

I started blogging here today. I have never done that before. I am assuming it is like journaling??? Anyway, I really think that will be helpful to me. If I did it correctly the link will be in my signature.

One of my goals is to figure out the best eating plan for me to follow. Please let me know what y'all are doing.

Today is a new day and I can do this. Thank you all so much for participating in this group.

Kim
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great blog, Kim! I would like to get into that habit myself - I think it will be very helpful to you! I share a lot of your frustrations, although I am not a sahm.

Did better on the water yesterday...I have a checklist next to me at my desk while at work so that I can cross off my bottles as I drink them. My goal is to drink 4 bottles at work each day (would be abt 80oz), and usually at home I drink at least one (usually more) BIG glass of water, so that would easily put me to 100oz, even if I only have one glass at home.

Have a great day, everyone!
    =) charity
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi all, I am drinking that water. I have drank 64 ounces and It will not be too hard to get another 24 in before bed.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi, ladies! Hope you're all doing well with your water intake.

I.... well, I have failed miserably the last couple of days! 20 ounces each day is all I managed. But today I am halfway to my goal and am determined to meet that goal.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    It's been water tea and soup for me the past couple days. Have a really bad cold. It's about time for my annual cold though. lol. Really want to work out but I'm too sick.
  • lids0578
    Options
    I HAD A COUPLE OF BAD DAYS. DIDNT HAVE TIME AT WORK TO DRINK SO I ONLY GOT IN 60 OZ TUESDAY AND 36 OZ YESTERDAY. I REALIZED THAT SINCE SATURDAY AND HAVING THE STRESS OF 500 PLUS PEOPLE COME THROUGH OUR HAUNTED YARD, I CONTINUED THAT OUT OF CONTROL PACE FOR A FEW DAYS, YESTERDAY I WENT TO YOGA AND IT HAS REMINDED ME TO SLOW DOWN AND FOCUS ON MYSELF ONCE IN A WHILE. TODAY IS MUCH BETTER. WHAT DO YOU DO FOR EXERCISE.

LISA
  • nancymilo
    Options
    EVeryone, don't give up on your daily water! I've found in the two months I've been doing this that I lose more weight during the weeks when I keep up with my water. That is motivation alone for trying to remember to keep drinking all day.

It's really hard to remember for me, cuz I get busy during work. I'm trying to drink every time I hang up from a call, or something that reminds me during the workday.

Any other suggestions?!
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    I carry my water bottle with me pretty much everywhere I go. From the gym to the store, in the car, work and even at my bedside at night. By being able to sip on it throughout the day it is much easier to get my h20 intake in.

Still going for another gallon today!
    :wink:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am still struggling to get in 88 ounces today. But It is only 4pm so there is still time. Hope everyone has a great evening
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    How is everyone doing? :wink:

I've managed to meet my goal the past two days! But it will probably take a few more to really get into habit.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!!

I weighed yesterday and unfortunately i'm up 1.2 lbs. That sucks!! Especially since I have kicked up my workouts, but I know my eating is still the bain of my existence!!! I'm working at it I just wish my body and mind will go ahead and catch on!! I'm not giving up though!! I'll keep fighting.

So my water has been pretty off due to conferences at work this week. But I'm back on track today. Are we doing the water challenge again next week or are we trying something different??