Vegan

Options
dawnrose
dawnrose Posts: 1
I'm a vegetarian and just watched the DVD Forks Over Knives which has encouraged me to go vegan. Anyone out there vegan or have a favorite vegan recipe to share?

Replies

• darling627
    Options
    http://chefchloe.com/vegan-recipes.html

Chef Chloe is definitely my favorite vegan chef. I dislike many vegetables such as squash, zucchini, etc. but she has many more manageable recipes!

I went vegan for almost a month in March and lost around 5lbs a week! I was jumping around all over the place, too, I had so much energy and wasn't bloated at all.

Wishing you luck, it's challenging to stick to but even after I caved so I could eat with my family again I eat so many more raw fruits and veggies regularly. I still love making stuff like "meatless meatballs" or vegan banana bread for my family without telling them until they've finished their second plate ;)
  • lbrittenson
    lbrittenson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love everything off of post punk kitchen. And every recepie I have tried from the Compassionate Cook cookbook has been amazing. I was vegan for 5 years, now "mostly" vegan but I do eat eggs.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I second anything from post punk kitchen! The website is great, her books are awesome. Check out Vegan with a Vengeance and Vegonomicon!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh She Glows and Namely Marley are FANTASTIC! Google, right now!

And join us in Team Vegan -- just search for Vegan under Groups!