I am addicted to....

Options
Nuts!

I was just reflecting on my calories today wondering why they were so high when I feel like I didn't eat much. I've had 290 calories just in nuts and nut butter!

I love them all, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio nuts (ha the movie Best in Show, remember?) and all of the nut butters.

The great thing is, is that NOW, I am aware of the calories and am watching them, where as BEFORE, I ate them freely paying no attention.

Le sigh.

Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• helpellen
    helpellen Posts: 5
    Options
    i'm addicted to chocolate :|
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    Me too!..love nuts... used to eat dry roast peanuts by the pack.... no i ration out almonds and sunflower seeds and steer clear of the rest for now.
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Whole Milk! It's the only thing I can consume on a regular basis while sick, depressed, angry, full, hungry, lazy, or bored.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to fresh strawberries & blueberries.

It's gotten really bad. I can't pass by them in the grocery store... I leave home JUST to go to the market to buy them... I think there should be a support group or something... maybe a Warning Label:

"WARNING: Package contents can be highly addictive - please consume carefully"
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ha thanks everyone, glad I am not the only one with an addiction. :)

We should all be proud that we recognize our weaknesses, and acknowledge them. It takes a strong soul to do that.

I hate this place sometimes, but I love it for the accountability factor. The numbers can stare us in the face, and it is up to us to decide what to do with them :)

xo have a great night!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I as well am addicted to nuts...... then i developed a nut allergy.
    The end......i still try to eat some but end up having to take a ton of allegy meds that only barely work.

Enjoy the nuts for me