Room for one more newbie??

Options
Hi Guys!

Another newbie here looking for friends who can offer help and support along the way (of course, i will return the gesture and even provide a few laughs too!!)

Im seriously overweight (my BMI has just hit 40) and im getting married next year. Ive taken a big step and ordered my dress a size smaller and have my first re measure in 10 weeks (eeekkkk!!!!!!!) I would LOVE to be able to go back to the shop and to have lost a few inches and to wipe the smug look of the shop assistant who looked at me as though I was a lost cause when I went in hahaha!!!!

So, feel free to add me as a friend I could use some along the way xxx

Replies

• purpletreefrog71
    Options
    I think it's great that you have the confidence to order a smaller size gown. Your not gonna have any problem losing weight because your confidence in yourself is the first step to a new you! Would love to see the shop assistants face too! (perfect motivator) Ready, set, go! YOU CAN DO THIS! Good luck!
  • choccyqueen83
    choccyqueen83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey hun, i'll add you. I'm back again! this time. I mean business. It'#s my 30th nxt year and I need to shift 4.5 stone :os
  • OptomisticGirl
    Options
    Thank you!

IM feeling a little nervous as Ive set my weightloss for 2lb a week which is quite strict on calories so Im unsure whether to reset it for 1.5lb loss so I have a little leeway and tighten up if I need to.

Thank you for the message xx
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    I did the same thing last year, ordered my dress a size smaller. It worked for me :-) Good luck :-)
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you!

IM feeling a little nervous as Ive set my weightloss for 2lb a week which is quite strict on calories so Im unsure whether to reset it for 1.5lb loss so I have a little leeway and tighten up if I need to.

You can do everything as long as you feel comfortable :-) I've set my goals in loosing 1lbs a week but maybe I'll set it on 1.5 lbs - You'll see that as soon as you've started logging your food and exercises it goes so much easier with all the support from other "fitness pals" :-)

I was VERY sceptic at the beginning because I tried out many diets and programs and never really had a good result... And withouth support I gave up too quickly... And now I've already lost 11 lbs and I'm very happy. I'm much more attentive watching what I eat, how much I drink water or tea (and I was a very bad "drinker" before MFP) and how much I exercise... :-) It's the small things that bring success :-)

I hope you'll find great support here and that you'll reach your so great aim as well :-)

(Sorry for my bad English grammar, I'm not an English speaker... ^^)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Thank you!

Welcome.
    I have my goals set on 1 pound a week but I have been losing 2 lbs per week for the past 4 weeks. In 4 weejs U gave kist 9 lbs.
    My BMI is 38,5 so I´m in a simular position as you.
    You can do this.
    You are welcome to add me
  • ckuprienko
    Options
    Im also looking for new friends, and would :love: be yours, I ;m trying to lose weight and become healther in the process. I m going to be 62 on July 4th and would , like to be on my way to losing a few the 20 pds I'd like to lose. Sounds like your positive and you sure do have the motivation to make this happen If there is any questions you might have anytime, I ll be here to give you ideas and support,Looking forward to watching you get into your wedding dress, who knows you might have to go back and change your order to a smaller size. LOL> Oh Congradulation !!!!
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Always time for newbies :)
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Of course we can make room for you! WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me...
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also looking ahead to a goal. I am turning 50 next April and plan on being at my goal weight by then. Also, I am going on a two week cruise in November 2013 and plan on being "ship-shape" by then. You will find lots of support and wonderful friends in MFP. As for your calorie intake, try it for a week. Or even a few days. if you find you are having trouble keeping to your calorie goal, change it. You might be surprised.