Daily Intake

Options
I've never been a big eater since I was a kid. I eat 3 meals a day. I don't usually eat breakfast because i tend to feel sick if I eat too early in the morning. (not sure why!!) But i'll eat around 11am or 12nn, then snack around 2 or 3pm.

I've never realised how "little" i've been eating until I joined MFP and people started commenting about my food intake. Everyone's been telling me that i need 1200 - 1800 cals a day AT LEAST.

I'm 5'1", and currently weigh around 124 pounds? (I've always been around 101 pounds all my life - until I got a kidney stone at the age of 21)

So, I'm just wondering if i should FORCE myself to eat more (healthy food of course) or just stick to eating the amount i'm used to?

I feel weird forcing myself to eat when i'm not hungry! Thoughts??

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There is massive debate about this and I have no idea what the truth is... I think it all comes down to different things working for different people. However, at 5'1" and 56kg, I'm thinking your BMI may still be in the healthy range. Another thing to consider is that, at 23, maybe the kidney stone has just triggered a change in your body and, maybe mid to low '50's' will be your new standard weight?

It just seems to me that if your regularly eating under 1200 and thats normal for you, then trying to reduce your calorie intake even more to lose weight seems unhealthy? Have you thought about starting a lifting routine - maybe you need toning more than weight loss?