Thinking I need some support

Options
babycook
babycook Posts: 172 Member
I have few friends in real life. And the ones I do are not very supportive. They think I'm obsessed. But there not the ones needing to lose 40 lbs. I need more exercise. I've fallen off the wagon. I am 40 and have metabolic syndrome so it's hard to lose weight. Would love to find people to support me and who I could support.

Replies

• OptomisticGirl
    Options
    I have just joined myself.

Get back on the wagon with us - you can do it!

Feel free to add me as a friend xx
  • mittxe
    mittxe Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm here. I'd love to give support, and receive some, too. I can count the number of friends I have on my fingers, I think. I have anxiety disorder and have to take valium just to go to the grocery store. So it doesn't look like in-person friends is going to happen any time soon. I have my children (5) who are my only real support base. But I'll be here for you.

Like you, it's hard for me to lose weight. First, I'm nearly 50 so my metabolism has really changed. Second, I have arthritis so I can't exercise much. Third, I love to eat my food in the evening. I can go almost all day without taking in 400 calories, but 7 p.m. rolls around and I have to eat. I'm thinking of getting up around 4 and going to bed around 8 so I miss those snack hours.

I highly doubt you're obsessed with weight loss. And losing the weight when you're closer to your goal is difficult. I'm here to talk, listen and encourage any time you want to.:flowerforyou:
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support! :flowerforyou:
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! "If you hate starting over, stop giving up!" We can all do this together.
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. We can do this together.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've sent you a friend request! Can't wait to walk this journey together will all the support i can get and give! :)
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Weight loss is more of a struggle in our 40's but not impossible. Everyone needs to find what works for them. This is a great site to share journeys and find what works for us.
  • klynnblink182
    klynnblink182 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Having MFP friends is a must! I'm 31, and it's been a bear to lose 11 lbs. I've been at it for 1 1/2 months and have lost 6 lbs. This used to be so easy in my 20s!!! Here for you!! Sending an add now!
  • darlenem12
    darlenem12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Add me we can encourage eachother.:flowerforyou:
  • BreakingUpWith75lbs_Cass
    Options
    You can add me too :) xx
  • Powergirl123
    Options
    u can still exercise and have fun sports such as swimming, water arobics, or just taking a walk with someone u love everyday can help with your acitity but u need to commit yourself. ifd u are busy then attempt to make time for yourself stress can lead to weight gain so in reallity you should work 4 days a week (find some great exerc ise at work unless you have a desk job) leaving leaving the weekday you have off and saturday for exercise days and sunday for a (me) day just make sur e on that day tou dont overeat and you cansee results sooon!
    hope that helps and you can do this u just need to be comitted and focused