Fell off the wagon

Options
heck, I can't even say I "fell"... I jumped. I had a total "blow it" day yesterday, consuming somewhere in the 4000 calorie range. I feel so defeated today and my stomach is really not liking me right now. Please tell me this has happened to someone else and they were able to get back on track quickly without too much damage? I feel like I owe all of you an apology. We're all working so hard and then I go pull something like this.

Replies

• brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself:smile: Today you will do better. Write out your food and get moving.

I have been there and done that, the most important thing is you don't give up.

Karen

Good Luck!!!

P.S. Drink water
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Just get back on my friend!!!
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    It's happened to the majority of us at some point I expect, sometimes even now in maintenance I go WAY over calorie goal and then have to back track over the rest of the week by eating a little less - these things happen. Don't beat yourself up about it as feeling guilty will just make you feel worse, just carry on today and stay within your goals to get back on track.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    the good thing about "the wagon" is that it travels so slowly, it is easy to jump back on again.

get back on track today, up your water and you will be well on your way!

we've all done it. and survived!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    forgive yourself, get back on the wagon, and strap yourself onto it so you don't jump off. It is a lifestyle. We aren't perfect. We over indulge occasionally but we immediately get back on the healthy plan and throw in some extra exercise. However, don't berate yourself for it. It happened. It's over. If you over react to a mistake, that sets you up to just give up on yourself and you are worth the effort for a healthier lifestyle. Of course it has happened to others. How you react to it is what will make the difference in your success.
  • weecdngeer
    Options
    I fell off the wagon on friday, then on saturday I had the wagon burned to the ground. I didn't even log.... I just put in a high number of calories and called it a day.
    I've been good for a long time, and I will be good again. the important thing is getting back on the horse, right?
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.
    Don't get discouraged, it happens to many of us.
    Just go forward and know that it is ok to be human.
    You can do it! We all can!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've done it too. Last month actually. I started the next day as normal and didn't stress. It took me two weeks to "recover" but I did and now a month later I am losing again. In the long term you can reach your goals. Take this moment to realize how much you want the end result. Shake it off, don't be too hard on yourself, and get back into it. One day won't determine your success or failures. It's the combination of every day for weeks, months, and years.

YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon many times, many times, got ran over by the wagon a couple times. I am back again. I joined MFP in like 2009, I think. I lost 48lbs using this site. Then I quit logging in and started to gain it back. I would come back log in a few days or weeks and get busy with other things and stop logging in and I have had no success with weight loss since. I came back a few weeks ago and once again quit logging in. I set my weight loss ticker back to zero for a fresh start and this is day 2 of my logging in again. My dear friend, Mollie has kept encouraging me through it all and I am back. Don't beat yourself up, you can do it, we can do it! I am gonna stick and stay this time. Wishing you much success!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You fell off....but the wheels are still on the wagon. You get back on, you keep moving. Your body will even things out....you'll see!
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    This seems to happen to me every week :(

I set MFP up so that if I do well with calories, I lose 2lbs a week. That gives me wiggle room so that if I eat too much one week, I lose 1lb instead of 2 (or lose nothing), both of which are way preferable to gaining. I have gained a couple of times, but a lot of that seemed to be bloat, because I logged it but it never stuck around (the times I gained 1 or 2lbs, I lost bigger the next week).

I don't see it as a wagon to be on or off. This is my life, and I'm going to eat well, eat badly, work hard, be lazy, and everything in between on the way.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Everyone does it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and hop back on.........

Feeling guilty for behaviour that doesn't harm others is counterproductive and only makes you feel worse about yourself. You're human and we're an imperfect species.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to forgive yourself, so you had a bad day? It was yesterday... you can't change it, its already happened. Smile and simply carry on today. We all need a treat/cheat occasionally but as long as falling off the wagon doesnt turn out to be falling off the wagon every day then your ok :-) Good luck and hope you feel better soon
  • Dalacombe
    Dalacombe Posts: 30
    Options
    Everyone here is AMAZING! Thank you.
  • sugarmagnolia66
    Options
    fell off! Heck I haven't even gotten on yet.:sad: