Using music....

Options
hi guys!
so i sometimes have a little trouble getting off my fat *kitten* to exercise. so what i do is break down my workout into songs. if im planning to do a 30 minute workout i make a playlist that will play for 30 minutes and i tell myself:

OK Naz, you just have to last 8 songs, thats not long, you sit and listen to songs for hours!

i try and pick out the songs that are the most upbeat and preferably i like ones i know most of the words to so i can sing along if im not dying from lack of breath lol

it helps me, i hope it will help some of you too!

im new here and i need friends, add me <3

Replies

• Argharna15
    Argharna15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea. Thanks I think i'll try that.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I tried... I found that I ended up counting songs.... I mix it up with a few tunes and an audio book (If its a good one I get completely lost and forget how long I've been on the treadmill for!
  • nazyrawr
    nazyrawr Posts: 7
    Options
    as long as it works for you!
    that has happened to me before which is why i like to use songs in know the words of...i like singing along so i usually forget about the time that way.

audio books sound like a good idea. i'm gonna have to try that
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. I usually do better when videos, for example, have timers at the bottom of the screen. So this might work for me, especially as I am trying to get into running.

I've never used music. Any suggestions for exercise tunes?
  • nazyrawr
    nazyrawr Posts: 7
    Options
    That's a great idea. I usually do better when videos, for example, have timers at the bottom of the screen. So this might work for me, especially as I am trying to get into running.

I've never used music. Any suggestions for exercise tunes?

i like a wide variety of music but right now my tastes are pretty main stream....
    Chris Brown - Turn up the music
    David Guetta ft Nicki Minaj - Turn me on
    The Wanted - .....basically their whole album
    Kelly Clarkson Stronger
    Katy Perry - Part of me
    Jason Derulo - Breathing
    One Direction - what makes you beautiful

yes i like One Direction, dont judge :P
    it depends on you. do you want nonsense upbeat stuff? or meaningful motivational stuff?
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I tried running tonight with music. It was great! I need the nonsense upbeat stuff though to keep me going :happy: Thanks for the ideas.