Struggling to get these lbs off HELP!

Options
So i've been consistently using MFP for about a month now and i havent been able to lose any lbs! I try to stick to eating 1200 per day and i do cardio for an hour about 5-6 days per week! what else can i do? do u think i should start working out for 2hrs per day?? i'm 158 and trying to get to to 140 for now...maybe less later on HELP!!

Replies

• happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    It may be that your body isn't getting enough fuel. Are you eating back you exercise calories?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public

^^This. It's hard to give help without seeing your food diary, but if you've only been eating 1200 calories it might help to increase your calorie intake. My calorie goal was set at 1200 at first too, but I stopped losing for 2 weeks. I upped my calories to around 1500, and started losing again right away. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    With so little information, it is very hard to provide a definitive solution; however, unless thereare significant medical conditions present....if you were actually taking in 1200 calories a day, you would be losing weight.

So a few things may be happening.... Perhaps you are losing weight, but are retaining water that is masking the loss - this could be a result of the water retention that occurs from muscle repair that is occuring from the workouts.... Particularly if the workouts are new to you... Or high sodium meals the day or so prior to weighing will cause water retention...

Your estimates of volume of food, weight, or calories in food are off so your daily estimates of calorie intake are off.

Weigh or measure everything and be meticulous with the counting and stay with it... It will happen. The body can't lock away all your energy stores and keep all your weight forever if you are eating at a deficit. If you haven't worked out your BMR and TDEE I would encourage you to do so you you are comfortable with our targets, but lacking that, set MFP for a loss of 1 pound a week and stick with it! Best of luck!
  • FitTrice91
    FitTrice91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i do sometimes...not all the time
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I think you are working out enough - try eating a little more.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I have been stick forever! Weeks and weeks with out budging the scale. This week, I have been eating way more calories (1700-1800) and I actually lost weight.

Sometimes your body just needs a bit more to eat!
  • FitTrice91
    FitTrice91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    u guys r awesome! thank youuuu
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i lost a 2/3 lbs first week on 1200 cals then i started to struggle and elt tired on 1200 as i was working out 5/6 days week doing cardio and no weights but eeling exhausted. i started eating back what i burnt using a heart rate monitor. (most accurate way but not always accurate) didnt lose weight but looked more "toned".
    I then got a body media fit arm band and found my total daily expenditure of calories was alot higher than what i thought.... +500 cals approx.
    now i eat 1700-1800 cals every day and have cut my cardio down by 3/4 and lift heavy weights. ive not lost 1 lb but my body fat has gone down and i have lost inches so i look smaller and have definition. Try adding in some/alot of weights. its amasing the difference they make.
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    the types of foods you eat have a major influence in helping you shed pounds. once cannot sit and exercise & exercise and still go through a drive through somewhere or eat "boxed" frozen food.
    remember the food pyramid and the more fruits and veggies you eat the better you will be (you will be fuller longer) plus your body has to work harder to digest these foods which helps increase the metabolism. do what it shows on here...3 meals plus 2 snacks a day.
    I eat anywhere from every 3 to 4 hours.
    Also watch the type of fat you are eating and how much processed sugar you consume daily.

Hope this helps (especially not seeing your diary)

Oh FYI...no soda...thats a big NAY NAY!!!! or sports drinks...those are loaded with sugars..
    anything that has sugar listed within the first 3 ingredients should be OFF your consumable list