Recovering mom looking for support

Options
Hello. My names Amanda and I am a married mom of 3 small boys. In short, had gastric bypass, 3 c-sections, gallbladder surgery, emergency surgery, 3 EGD's, another open surgery and this was all in the past 7 yrs. I have had the ups and downs. I ended up having complications from my gastric bypass surgery 6yrs after. So serious I was dying. My husband made me say goodbye to the kids on his cell phone. I am not asking for pity, I am asking for some amazing people out there to support me in my pursuit to do this the healthy way. After my second life saving surgery I gained quite a bit of weight. Considering I went an entire yr without eating anything the weight came right on. Now I am 32 and weight 279lbs. What was it all for? That is what I deal w on a daily basis. I chose to have Gastric Bypass surgery so the complications that follow, did I choose them as well? I am not sad or down, I have an amazing husband and three amazing young boys who I tend to their every need. They lost me once for a long time so I am trying everything to make sure that NEVER happens again. We live every day as it was close to our last. I want my kids to have amazing memories of me for them to look back on. Not the memories of playing w my fat rolls or grabbing my chicken wings and saying it feels like pudding. Anyway, I just started on this. My husband got me a new cell phone and I can use apps and for yrs have been hearing people talk about them having some for weight loss. I chose this one. I am on day 3 of my journey and am still learning. I would love to hear from people out there who are struggling and who wanna show some support on a down day. I try every hard to prove to myself I am worth living. Yesterday I climbed my first rock face. I was soooo scared but had my husband and kids there to shout support the whole way. Dont get me wrong, my chubby lil legs were shaking,but if this 279lb chicka can climb up a mountain, so can anyone else!!! Love peace and laughs

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Shame you let yourself go after all of that.

I'm sure you saw a dietician after the the gastric operation, I would use what they taught you. Let's get going ☻

Love to be your friend ☺
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What a story! All the best in your new lifestyle. Feel free to add me :) And yes, the app really helps!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What a story, but the most positive thing is that your so motivated!! You go girl you can do it. Feel free to add me for support if you want it!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    U can do it feel free to add me