Sick and tired of being big and tired!

Options
So I recently had this light bulb go off in my head that if i spent half the time working on my body as I do hating it and thinking about changing it I'd be one fit chick! I'm 5'6ish 197lbs , starting weight 204 and i dont really have a goal weight. My goal is to be confident and feel better about my body..... I'm such a picky eater and everything I love to eat has gotten me to this weight.

Replies

• Lee1265
    Lee1265 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great mind set to start!!!! This place is great!!!! Boards, motivational comments, and everyone so understanding!!! Welcome to the begininng of the you, you want to be!!!
  • TaterFace
    TaterFace Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! I need all the support I can get!
  • debkmoore
    debkmoore Posts: 5
    Options
    Just started myfitnesspal and you inspire me.:smile:
  • mamacoach
    mamacoach Posts: 7
    Options
    Signed up a few weeks back and just started using last few days. Have a goal to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year. I teach others, "if all you do is complain about it, you are not really that unhappy with whatever it is in your life. Otherwise, you would do something about it!" Time to practice what I preach.
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Great attitude! I'm adding you!
  • TaterFace
    TaterFace Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks ya'll !!! Momacoach I love your saying as well....
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love these personal epiphany stories. That day of waking up and realization is a powerful experience. Now that you have that mindset you can totally get to your goal. MFP will give you the structure and support system to learn how to make it a life change, not just a diet.

Don't be in a hurry. Rushing leads to discouragement. There will be plateaus and let downs along the way. That's unavoidable. So try not to set yourself goal dates. Just live the new life and you'll get there.

When you feel close to the finish line, I recommend getting measured for percentage of body fat. Then pick a healthy percentage as your goal. Picking a number of pounds rarely works since any exercise you do as part of this will lead to gain in muscle mass. That can prevent ever getting to a goal that's based on a number of pounds. But, gaining muscle is a good thing.

Good luck! You can do this.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Oh my Goodness! That is why i started here too! I was so tired of being tired! This is the BEST thing I could have done for myself, Good Luck on your journey also. I will send a friend request.
  • Olivia_Avery
    Options
    welcome aboard! MFP has really helped me! It encourages me and holds me accountable! Best of Luck to you!
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best of luck - very inspiring! I too am sick and tired of being tired! MFP is the place to get it done!
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

What kinds of things do you like to eat? I bet you can make a healthy alternative that you will still like. My brother is an extremely picky person and he loves when I cook healthier versions of what he loves to eat.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck with changing your life!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you...feel free to add me anytime :happy:
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Motivation!! and Mindset to do it!:smile: Thats how I look at it, No matter the Size you are. It help to have friends who support you in your efforts:flowerforyou: anyone is welcome in!
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

An initial weight goal is interesting. I went for something that felt like I had lost a significant amount but was actually still slightly above what the BMI calculations says I should weigh. The idea is when I get to that initial goal weight I will see what I look like and work out where to go from there.

There's no point trying to force you self to eat things you hate but once you start logging what you eat you can spot changes you can make one at a time to move you in the right direction.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm a very picky eater too and I've managed to lose 56lbs and keep it off for almost 2 years. You CAN do it. Is it easy? No. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

First thing you have to do is be a little bit willing to try new things - I know, as a picky eater, it is VERY difficult to do this. But, in the end -- you'll be glad you at least tried.

Take one day at a time. Know that it won't be easy and there will be good days, bad days and okay days.

Good Luck.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey. Its a massive help having a positive mindset like you have. Im sure you will succeed and reach your goal, all the best!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Preaching to the choir! I am such a picky eater. But I am trying new things; if I still don't like them, it's okay. When I find fruits/veggies/snacks that I like, I add them to the rotation. Just keep trying new things - you'll be surprised.

Add me if you would like support.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great way to look at things. I understand, I started at 208 with a goal of 160 then when I met that, I changed it to 140 and I'm almost there!
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Great outlook on this whole process! We all have to view this as a work in progress, and look at what we have done as opposed to what we haven't done.