Bike ride

Options
Me, my husband and our 14 yo son went for a bike ride yesterday on what was supposed to "gentle rolling hills". Yeah we were definitely lied to!!! Now me and the son don't bike often whereas my husband will ride the 9.something miles to work and back home in the evenings, and there are some decent rolling hills on those rides. Yesterday was 23 miles of HELL!!!!(All 3 of us agree on that) It took us 4 hours since one of us (<
me) had to keep stopping to walk the bike up these cliffs. Two of us crashed, no injuries thankfully! All in all it was an awesome adventure! Nothing hurts too bad today, yes there is tender parts but that is to be expected. Once I figure out how to post images I will post some of the pictures taken along the route!

Replies

• Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I rode a mountain today and it kicked my butt. I didn't enjoy it but I'm going to try and add it to my workout so that eventually I can handle the hills and enjoy it. I'm so sore already.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There are some nice places around here to "get used" to riding. I don't know where you are located but maybe start without the hills?