I'm so freaking DEPRESSED!

Options
Since May of 2009 i have dropped 50lbs and for the last two months I have really slacked off working out! So the past two weeks I have been walking and instead of losing weight I HAVE GAINED IT!:sad: I'm so disgusted with myself...just had to get this off my chest!

Replies

• gmzbluhm
    gmzbluhm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: We all go through slumps..... Just pick yourself up and get moving again. Focus on you and getting where you want to be. :wink:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    im going through the same thing. Its reaaly hard to stay motivated when your eating right and exercising, and your gaining weight. For me this is a time when I need to go deep within myself and really do alot of self talk and relaxing and trying to stay positive...even when I dont want too. Hang in there! Dont expect to lose weight really fast, dont beat yourself up. Just take small steps.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Waaah........ sorry Girl! :cry: :brokenheart:
    Feels lousy, I know...........

Try not to beat yourself up too much! :flowerforyou: We all go through ups & downs.
    Tomorrow is a New Day........ You can do it! Get going again! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • mamagaga
    Options
    went off track too last week. went away for a few days with my husband and didn't get to exercise and went off my diet. just get back on track. start today and move forward
  • candacepainter
    Options
    Thanks...the pep talks really do help.:smile:
  • fit2btied34
    Options
    can I recommend tracking your body fat instead of your body weight! I felt the same way - in fact I went July 09 and weighed 151 pounds, 24.5% body fat - the next month I was SO frustrated weighing 148 pounds - but my body fat dropped to 19.1% - in essence I lost 9 pounds of fat! but converted 6 to muscle making only a 3 pound net loss!

all that to say - you may be doing better than you think! Don't give up!
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    can I recommend tracking your body fat instead of your body weight! I felt the same way - in fact I went July 09 and weighed 151 pounds, 24.5% body fat - the next month I was SO frustrated weighing 148 pounds - but my body fat dropped to 19.1% - in essence I lost 9 pounds of fat! but converted 6 to muscle making only a 3 pound net loss!

all that to say - you may be doing better than you think! Don't give up!

How do you track body fat?
  • fit2btied34
    Options
    You would need to go to a local gym - there are several ways to track body fat- a machine you grip, one you stand on etc. - a more accurate way is using calipers. I go to a local gym once a month and they do a 3-point measurement - one on the back of my arm, one of my abs and one on my thigh. (there are 7 point test that they say are even more accurate) - I don't know the rate elsewhere - but here its $10.
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I fully believe stress f's with your poundage. Take some time to relax and just enjoy being you, no matter how much you weigh :smile:

The more you let go, the easier it will be. Hang in there lady!
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    To me, a big part of being successful is treating your eating habits as a lifestyle and not a diet, so many people do this. You will have bad days, weeks, etc. I know that when certain things happen, whether it be planned or not, it may effect my workout routine. When it does, I make sure I'm extra conscious of what I'm eating, not wasting my 1300 some calories on junk.
    For example, this past month and a half, I've really only had like two good solid weeks of working out.
    It all started with my birthday ( I love cake, and alot of people wanted to celebrate with me), then I went on vacation, my brother got married, I was sick for two weeks, then my grandfather died unexpectedly, and we're moving.
    Yesterday was the first day back to really being able to concentrate on what I want to do. I plan on really sticking with it and getting back into my old routine, bc I love to do it.
    Just know that no ones perfect and you just have to take things as they come. When things throw you off just accept it and keep trying to reach whatever goal you're working toward.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options

How do you track body fat?

I bought a scale that also tracks body fat. It's not as accurate as having a professional do it, but I find it very helpful. It was only about $30 at Wal-Mart.