Movie Theater

Options
I need help rather quickly, my 2 girls want to go see Madagascar 3, now I haven't been to a movie since I started my diet, is there anything I can bother to eat there? Should I pop my own popcorn? I don't just want to sit there and have nothing, any suggestions of things people might know might be half way healthy/low calorie at a movie?

Replies

• lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that there are no healthy options at the movies. You could split a small popcorn with your girls, and bring a big water so you don't fill up on just popcorn. Or smuggle in some veggies!!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I usually have a low cal frozen treat like Eddy's fruit bars, or make room in my day for those extra cals for a plain pretzel and buy a water bottle.They also now have a healthier snack pack they offe like apple slices and fruit snacks you could share with the bb's :)
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    carrot sticks are my favorite. i'm a huge fan of smuggling snacks anyways but i love eating carrots while watching movies.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I love, love, love movie theater popcorn but we don't even need to talk about how horrible it is. I sneak a baggie of berries, a bottle of water and a few low fat string cheese sticks in whenever we go see a movie. It has helped every single time. :) I would love to bring some almonds with me but we don't buy those b/c neither my husband or I would have any self-control with them.
  • blazingmissp
    blazingmissp Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    smuggle in some healthy treats. some places have plain air popped popcorn, but if you are in an area where there is not a large health minded area you may not have that option.
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh mannn! Movie theater popcorn is one of my all time faves! But...I can consume 1000 calories and 1500mg of sodium when I indulge- YIKES! I have trouble going to the theater without getting some, even if I think I'm going mentally prepared not to... The last few times I've gone to the movies, I've only taken enough cash to get in; that way there is no way to go to the concession area. Popping your own popcorn is an option- I've done that before. But I also try to eat a filling meal or snack before I go... and take a bag of nuts or dried fruit (or a nice little mix of nuts and dried fruit) and a huge bottle of water. :) Good luck!
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I go to the movies I eat the popcorn plain.. nothing added.. and I pack my water... If i'm not craving popcorn I bring a big purse and pack my own snacks..
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks guys, great options here, I think I will be smuggling in some snacks and just grab a diet coke :)
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yip, take your own snacks. Also, if you eat with your non dominant hand while you're there you'll actually eat less (got that from a study reported on TV last week)
    Enjoy!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    no idea..... I never eat something when i go to the movies, if i eat something i get thirsty, if i get thirsty i have to go to the bathroom and miss the damn movie LOL
    Plus everything its soooo expensive. I just rather go to enjoy the movie.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i usually take a protein bar and grab a diet coke there.
  • Huggybearz75
    Huggybearz75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to the movies, I smuggled in some baby cut carrots and green tea. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I get a small plain popcorn (or the kids size) and a diet coke. The one movie theater we go to has a healthy snack pack - of course it's like 4-5 items and if you ate them all it was somewhere around 700 calories or more, I can't remember exactly. My son got a hummus and pretzel snack pack thing recently at the movies.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I usually get a coffee or a diet soda.

I miss my M & M but they only come in a big bag of 30000 calories and I do not trust myself to stop after a few