Okay fairly new and looking for support....

Options
My name is Joyce. I am 42 years young and weigh 340 pounds. I need to lose nearly 200 pounds. I have been between 320-340 for over 10 years now. It has now become a serious issue. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees and hips, had hip replacement surgery at 39, thyroid disease and liver disease. My liver disease is turning into cirohhsis but the doctors aren't sure how quickly because I am too fat to even go thru a biopsy surgery to see. They told me I basically needed to do something dramatic as far as losing weight. In their minds my only option at this point is gastric bypass. I really, really, REALLY don't want to go that route. Did I say I really don't want to go that route. My family are morons. If I sat down with a gallon of ice cream they wouldn't stop me. I need people I can be accountable to. I need people that are going to say Your not doing enough. I need real help. THIS IS MY FINAL CHANCE.....I don't want to die or have surgery....

Replies

• oharab
    oharab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sounds like you've made the most important decision in your life. Good for you. Feel free to add me if like.

Ben
  • leanneb205
    leanneb205 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi im Leanne i need to lose 100lb. I understand about the family being morons! My hubby wont stop me if i sat down with a gallon of ice cream. He says my weights fine when its obviously not, i dont need someone to lie to me. I need the truth as the truth is the only thing that helps. He lets me do and eat what i want though so i'll have to motivate myself and get motivation from anyone on here. Good luck with your weight loss!

Also feel free to add me.
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    You can do it. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • abcgsh
    abcgsh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You have my support, feel free to add me :smile:
  • jesswilks
    jesswilks Posts: 31
    Options
    you can add me if you want i have been on for a couple of weeks now and everyone on here is great .
  • tdtl07
    tdtl07 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have been for a week and the support system is fantastic. Add me if you like!
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Joyce - sorry to hear about your health problems. This is a great place to meet other people going through the same experiences. I also am trying to lose quite a bit of weight. Feel free to add me for more support!
  • Monnabelle
    Options
    Hi!... You decided to change your life (because you want it not because someone else say it), that's the most important. Don't give up and you are not alone :D
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You've done one amazing thing by joining and posting your commitment. Don't try to do it all at once and remember that not only is there great support but great suggestions, recipes and activities for every level. You're going to do great!
  • mrsleftybrown
    Options
    I sent a couple of you a friend's request. I am more than willing to help encourage any of you. I recently, 7 weeks ago, broke the 5th metatarsal bone in my foot and am currently laid up in a cast. I am busy finding other ways to get some sort of exercise in as I am not able to get up and dance or move around the house that much. I am a 6th grade teacher who is off for the summer and even when I am going during the school year I am very active on this site. I have lost 25.5 pounds thanks to this site and the gym and the help and encouragement of many of the men and women on this site.

I have said to start with that I wanted to lose 65 pounds. When I get to that weight I will see how much more I want to lose. We will see. You can do this. Feel free to add me if I haven't already added you.
  • Canuckjen
    Canuckjen Posts: 7
    Options
    Can you feel the support already?!? Looks like there are a lot of people who want to support and encourage you, and I'm one of them! I've sent a friend request :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome. You'll have TONS of support here!

Feel free to add me - same goes for anyone else
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for about 3-4 months now, if you need some motivation and support feel free to add me if you like :) I like to motivate all my MFP friends. :)
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I took the liberty of adding you to my friends list. I really would like to follow you on your journey. I have about 40 pounds to loose.
    I read another thread here on the forums which had a similar story. She started cause she refused to do the gastric bypass. She succeded, and I believe you can too!

As said above/earlier... You took the first, hardest and biggest step already... To start doing something about it. If you ever want encouragement or cheering, MFP has shown me some great support! I would not have the patient or will to continue today if I didn't have them. I had a blue day about a week ago, and normally I would have stopped. But MFP friends helped me. So a tip, get as many friends as you can! =)

Good Luck and I look forward to see and follow your journey!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    youve come to the right place...add me too!
  • blesdchile
    blesdchile Posts: 62
    Options
    Feel free to add me! WELCOME!:flowerforyou:
  • Gracy22
    Gracy22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gerri and i need to lose over 100 lbs. I have done it 2 times in my life but never healthy and that is what I'm trying to do here.
    I have arthritis in my knees and sit down at a computer for 8 hours a day (work) With the pain in my knees I'm limited to the type of activity I can do. My Doctor suggested I use a cycle wheel and peddle 30 minutes a day to strengthen my thigh muscles which has helped but still walking and standing kills. Lose weight that is the best thing I can do for myself. I saw this sight on Cruise Critic and yes my husband and I are sailing in Oct and I would so love to lose some weight by then..
    I'm currently trying the eating small amounts every two hours which was super hard since I am use to the starvation diets. However I am finding that this week my jeans have begun to feel a little lose. I need to stay encourage and any help or feedback you have I would greatly appreciate.
    Thank you all for being here..
  • ashleygx26
    ashleygx26 Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can feel free to add me!
  • determinedash
    determinedash Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is such a wonderful site for support and encouragement!

Anyone feel free to add me! We are all in this wonderful journey together!
  • amyschintler
    Options
    Well done, add me. I need support too, we can keep each other honest. :smile: