The little ways we cheat

mommy22
mommy22 Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone ever measured themselves a cup full of cooked pasta, been dismayed at how small it looks (compared to the half pound that I, at least, used to eat before), then try to smash the pasta down to fit more in? :tongue:

Replies

• Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    I'm horrible w/ rice :D
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I'm like that with cereal...I always go just a tad over the 1 cup line. :tongue:
  • When I am putting my dijon mustard on my sandwich or salad dressing on my salad I do not log those calories. I mean there only five calories for a tablespoon. I also do that with my sugar free syrup for my oatmeal.
  • The cheat that I think gets me in the most trouble is taking bites while I'm preparing a meal. Ya know, test the sauce, sample the cheese, etc. The "it's just one bite" method adds up quickly when you do it several times over the course of a day. . .
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Making brownies for my Husband, I say I won't have one and I don't, but I lick the spoon that has leftover batter on it, UGH why do I even start with making the brownies?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Has anyone ever measured themselves a cup full of cooked pasta, been dismayed at how small it looks (compared to the half pound that I, at least, used to eat before), then try to smash the pasta down to fit more in? :tongue:

I've started weighing everything on my kitchen scale (except stuff that's harder to cheat with, like yogurt and applesauce)... Before I would find myself "cheating" by adding little bits more to the measuring cup too. It's harder to cheat when you're using weight!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Brown rice 1/4 c. = 180 cals
    Pinto beans 1/4 c. = 120 cals

How can those healthy foods be so many calories?? :sad: :laugh:

So I usually have a "generous helping" in a 1/3 cup & eat the extra cals anyway. :grumble: :laugh:
    shhhhhhhhhh: I measure choc-covered raisins like that too........
This discussion has been closed.