What are some healthy snacks to munch on during the day?

Options
My job really doesn't allow for a lunch break (the schedule is funny, don't ask) so we're pretty busy all day for anywhere from 8 hours to ten or eleven a day. I like the fact that breaks don't give me enough time to get a fatty snack, but I'd like to start bringing little baggies of something to munch on during the day. I love pretzels so want to bring those.....any other ideas? Raw nuts or something?

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    kalamata olives, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, plain whole fat yogurt, whole fat cheese, small salad, nuts, homemade larabar, guacamole with veggies

That's all I can think of right now! I don't really snack that often, as I usually consume 500 calories or more for breakfast!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Cheese sticks, carrot sticks, celery, grapes, raisins, multi grain crackers (saltines and wheatables are what I fall back on), chicken wraps, trail mix (kind of high in calories and sugar but still a tasty snack), snack pack applesauce containers, apple wedges.

Can't think of much more to snack on.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I pop a bag of 100 calorie popcorn before I leave the house and dump it in a big plastic bag. Keeps the bordom munchies away.

My other favorite is veggies and different types of hummus.

LOTS of water. :)