New Here and could use some support.

Options
So here's my background:

About 4 or 5 years ago I gained 20 pounds pretty quickly (I was 130 and ended up 150). Around this time I started to get some pretty bad insomnia that always matched up on the days I would work out. Even if I worked out at 5:30 am, I would still wake that night 10-12 times leaving me with no good chunks of sleep. When I went to the Doc he discovered that I had Fatty Liver and told me that I had to lose 15 pounds to get rid of it. I spent the whole Summer not working out, but eating a very low fat diet and I got back to my 130 in about 4 months.

About 2 years ago I got pregnant, didn't gain much weight, and was down to 125 right after having the baby. I was STARVING trying to breastfeed her. I had to eat 8 times a day and I just kept losing weight. All of a sudden, when she was 3 months old, I went back to eating 3 or 4 times a day, put on 15 pounds in about 2 weeks, and I have since just continued to gain weight since then. I now weigh more than I did while I was pregnant and I get asked everywhere I go if I'm pregnant again. I look and feel disgusting. It doesn't help that I'm back to not being able to work out or I wake 10-12 times a night again. At least now I have a doctor who is running tests to see if I have some sort of hormonal issues, but so far we haven't found pinpointed the problem.

I need to do something! I know that I'm eating terribly because I go after what's easy or whatever I'm craving. I'm home all day so I can get whatever food I want while I'm out or make it at home if I'm really craving it and I love to bake. There's always cookie dough in the fridge, or brownies on the counter. I have lost all self control when it comes to food! Because of the workout issues, I know the key to losing weight is going to have to be reducing my food intake and eating healthier.

Any support or suggestions would be super helpful. I guess it was easier before when a doctor was telling me that i HAD to lose weight.

Replies

• jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just use this site to your advantage. When you are feeling down or you just need to throw something out there you should get support.

Don't be feeling disgusted with yourself. Life happens, weight gets put on... doesn't help having insomnia problems and all to boot.

You sound like you are a bit harsh on yourself. Feel free to add me.

Just keep up with the calorie counting, this site is great. I lost weight with this about a yr ago and fell off the wagon big style and realised you can't beat this site so I'm back with a vengeance.

Hope you manage to get the answers from the docs over ur sleep. I know what sleep deprivation is like :(.

Keep strong.
  • veggieliscious
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also and a mummy carrying around too much weight ;-) excited to be doing something about it, scared of the road ahead! Taking it a day at a time... Add me as a friend if you like :)
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old son and have found this site sooo helpful when it comes to support! I love to give support as well! Best of luck on your journey!
  • laxwyo
    laxwyo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck! I'll try to help out when I can.
  • rainonme77
    rainonme77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new, looking for friends to add so we could support and motivate one another.
    I want to loose some 5 kgs but find it a challenge as I don't enjoy exercise much :ohwell:
    My greatest concern: double chin and flabby arms. All others can hide but not these 2 :frown:
    Any support would be most welcome!!
  • rainonme77
    rainonme77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @meganctz23
    I have a 9 month old son and have found this site sooo helpful when it comes to support! I love to give support as well! Best of luck on your journey!
    I'm new! I'd love to add you if you don't mine :smile:
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    Agree with others..use this site to your advantage. Lots of great folks on here.
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. It must be really hard having a broken sleep and not know why. It's bad enough with a baby waking you heaps without something else going on as well.

I hope you and your doctor get to the bottom of it.
  • xojessieannexo
    xojessieannexo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yay !! feel free to add me!