Ripped in 30 Support?

Options
Hey I'm on Week 1 Day 1, and OMG this was a workout. I'm active, but Jullian knows how to kick your butt! I could only do 25/37mins. The strength training part isn't that hard, but the cardio kills me!! Anyone in the same boat? I keep finding people who kinda are champs at this and I feel discourage. Anyone wanna join up with me and start killing this dvd?? lol It's summer and I'm not looking to get a bikini body, I'm working being able to wear horizontal stripes in winter hahaha.

Replies

• jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I went through RI30 about 4 months ago! It was intense when I first started but stick with it and you will get results. I thought the same thing when I first started. I thought, "OMG, how am I ever going to get through this?" But I found if I stuck with it and didn't give up I continued getting stronger. Stick with it, you won't regret it
  • kathrynthomas5
    Options
    I have started level 4 (after a small break in the middle where I pulled a chest muscle) and thought I would go back to level 1 to see if I am stronger. Turns out yes I am but it still killed. I actually like level 4 the best - I can't acheive each exercise though and I have not doubt that I never will.
  • Maiducali
    Maiducali Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks!!! I think it's the cardio that's the hardest, because I hate cardio. But I think you're right, because I feel like if I do this everyday for the 5-6 times, that I will get it.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I tried level 1 yesterday and this morning I couldn't bend down to tie my shoes because my hamstrings are killing me. :tongue:

I'm in the process of doing 30DS (I tried out Ripped to see what the difference was) and Ripped is definitely tougher. I'm assuming it gets easier as you stick with it. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Maiducali
    Options
    I didn't know the difference between 30SD and RI30. Maybe I should of tried 30SD, but I think RI30 is do able. I can feel my muscle sore from it, but I think if I can do a couple mins longer than it will be worth it. I'll let everyone know how I feel and do tomorrow. I hope I can move hahaha
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just did day two of week 1. I survived! I also plan to keep up at least an hour of other exercise in addition to Ripped in 30 DVD too most days. Like today I ran. Tomorrow I also want to do Body Combat or Body Pump class. :)
  • ChrisFitPro
    ChrisFitPro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If you are going to be doing classes as part of your exercise programming, I would suggest trying yoga...

If you have a knowledgeable instructor they will make sure that you have full range of motion(ROM) and posture for a lot of the basic movements like squatting, lunging, bending, twisting, reaching overhead.

If you don't have those things in check, at-home programs can be limited in their benefit.

Ya know?
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think I have that dvd but only did the first 10 mins or so ... need to but up my endurance before I try it again... been running and biking may try it again in the fall when I can't run or bike outside
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm starting workout 3 of RI30 tomorrow morning. I could not get the ab/table thing she does in the workout 2 second circuit. I did the best I could but I didn't do it right.

I like the workout, I like that I only do each one for 5 days instead of 10 so I don't get as bored with it. And it kicks my *kitten* everytime. I tried it a couple weeks ago and almost couldn't move for a few days after but once I did it again I was fine the next day.

I waver between enjoying it and wanting to punch Jillian in the face and screaming "shut the *kitten*" up at the tv every day, but I'm getting through it :laugh:

And I did finish 30DS a couple months ago. I think this one goes faster only because you don't stay on each level for so long. But God, the planks...so many planks...And I don't know how she figures the time but I always come up with 34 mins yet she keeps saying it's a 20 minute workout. Maybe time is different on that side of the country, lol
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im in week 2 right now on day 4 and if the cardio in week 1 kills you just wait until week 2 :flowerforyou: haha honestly though you just have to push through the soreness will ease and you will feel stronger every day. I'm amazed at how strong my arms are. I'm excited for all the changes I'm going to feel once I'm through with the whole program!
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm starting workout 3 of RI30 tomorrow morning. I could not get the ab/table thing she does in the workout 2 second circuit. I did the best I could but I didn't do it right.

I like the workout, I like that I only do each one for 5 days instead of 10 so I don't get as bored with it. And it kicks my *kitten* everytime. I tried it a couple weeks ago and almost couldn't move for a few days after but once I did it again I was fine the next day.

I waver between enjoying it and wanting to punch Jillian in the face and screaming "shut the *kitten*" up at the tv every day, but I'm getting through it :laugh:

And I did finish 30DS a couple months ago. I think this one goes faster only because you don't stay on each level for so long. But God, the planks...so many planks...And I don't know how she figures the time but I always come up with 34 mins yet she keeps saying it's a 20 minute workout. Maybe time is different on that side of the country, lol

Yeah the whole 20 min thing irks me every time. It just makes me want to scream no its NOT 20 mins Jillian and I'm not an idiot lol, I don't think she's counting the warm-up and cool down to get her "20 mins".
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also do yoga! I just don't really count that since it's so low impact. I do it once a week and love it!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I'm a JM workout fanatic! I really enjoy her workouts and find them so challenging. I have been doing RI30 for a couple of months now but I don't do it 5 days/week....usually 3 and alternate it with other DVDs of hers or other workouts. The plank cardio in week 2 absolutely kills me! I find that I can't do the ab hold moves either as my arms are too short (never had a complex about that before! lol) but I just substitute other exercises for those.

I'm also in love with No More Trouble Zones right now. Its a 55 minute strength workout and WOW does it get you going! This week I'm going to move to doing NMTZ 3 days/week and RI30 2 days/week.
  • ChrisFitPro
    ChrisFitPro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also do yoga! I just don't really count that since it's so low impact. I do it once a week and love it!

Good w Yoga. Mobility work has to be a part of any program. Do your best to achieve the flexibility required for a full range "Overhead Squat" with a broomstick, pvc, or even an outstretched towel. I currently train over 100 individuals and athletes that can do this perform better and safer.
  • sez11pink
    sez11pink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Ok so after going from being able to do an hour fit ball class followed by an hour boot camp circuit class three times a week, a year and a half ago I can now not even do more than 30 minutes of Ripped in 30 lol. OMG!

This was my first time doing day one of level one and by 30 mins I felt sick, my stomach was killing me, my legs were like jelly and the sweat was dripping off me!! I am now rather disgusted for letting myself go and get so lazy :( It however has not put me off and i'm going for an hour tomorrow! Did anyone else find the first one hard if you haven't exercised in a long time or is it really just me?

Good luck everyone :)
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had gotten up to half way through week 3 in May but stopped because I got the flu and then had an insane work schedule. I'm back though! I did Week 1 this morning. I love these workouts. They are varied and make me feel strong even when they are hard.

For those of you who had a hard time and couldn't finish it, keep at it. It is amazing how quickly you will improve. I couldn't finish level 2 the first time I did it but by the end of the week I really liked it and could do all the moves. Same with week 3, by day 3 I didn't have to stop or skip anything.
  • Maiducali
    Options
    Girl, I do pilates 2x a week for an hour and cardio most days. Ripped in 30 killed me the first day! This is why I started this topic, because I felt like everyone was doing it so well and I sucked at it. I'm so happy someone recommended Ripped in 30 to me, because I'm on Day 3 week one and I did the whole video, with small breaks in the last circuit. What matters in any workout is that you keep moving and don't make your body stress itself out. The only thing I don't like about Ripped in 30 is that you have to do it 5-6 times a week, because if you aren't work up enough to exercise this video could really wreak your body. I think that this week I'm gonna stick to RI30, and maybe do a lil cardio, but this kick my butt!!! Anyways if anyone wants to add me, we can support each other!!
  • Maiducali
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Yoga Meltdown by Jullian Michaels??? I love pilates, but when I read @bighimsay say yoga was important I got the DVD. It look like a good video, because all her videos seem successful.
  • ChewySoftPretzel
    Options
    Hey all!

Ok so after going from being able to do an hour fit ball class followed by an hour boot camp circuit class three times a week, a year and a half ago I can now not even do more than 30 minutes of Ripped in 30 lol. OMG!

This was my first time doing day one of level one and by 30 mins I felt sick, my stomach was killing me, my legs were like jelly and the sweat was dripping off me!! I am now rather disgusted for letting myself go and get so lazy :( It however has not put me off and i'm going for an hour tomorrow! Did anyone else find the first one hard if you haven't exercised in a long time or is it really just me?

Good luck everyone :)

Don't feel bad about it! I used to workout everyday (Zumba class) but then I stopped cause I moved and I got married so I didn't workout for like 9 months or so, but now I'm back to workout! And the first day I did Ripped in 30... ugh... I wanted to DIE, lol! But I won't give up! Today was Day # 2 of Week # 2, and I won't stop! :D And yes, I know the feeling of "letting oneself go"... at least in my case, I feel gross in my own skin, I just.. I'm tired of being fat! I want to be hot for my husband, and I want to be able to say: "Yes, I can wear these tight clothes cause I fit in them!" I'm very glad to hear that I'm not the only one in this boat! :)

Btw, how do you guys input your Ripped in 30 activity in the Exercise Diary? I've been putting it as "Circuit Training".
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I did the workout about 6 months ago and starting again yesterday. Yesterday was level 1 workout 1 and my tits are on fire right now! And my shoulder blades are killing me. I need to workout but I am procrastinating waiting for my fire boobs to stop burning.
    So you are not alone. The cardio sucks and I personally curse like a trucker when I have to do the side lunges and pushups. Swearing helps. Keep up the good work. Ok, now I am going to go work out. Hopefully my butt doesn't fall off.