Muscle Milk rocks!!

Options
I absolutely love it!! I just started to drink it and I am in LOVE with Banana Creme flavor. I don't know if its good or bad for you, I haven't done much research but I was given a sample few weeks back and I just simply love the stuff. Any other good flavors? Feedback on performance, with/without it?

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is wonderful!! I use it as a breakfast shake or as a snack on occasions. The carb count is fairly low and it's high in protein, so it is a relatively healthy addition to any diet! I'm not sure of the calorie count but I imagine it could still be factored into anyone's diet. :) I've had the chocolate and vanilla, and love both! I've yet to try any of the other flavors though. As far as performance-for me, it really helps to keep me fuller longer. Hope this helps!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is great after an intense workout because it gives you the protein your body needs to rebuild your muscles. Low in carbs, but the ones that are there are the good kind beause there is very little sugar and no sugar alcohol. It's definitely got some calories, like 300 or something but I like that after a vigorous workout. If you want a low cal version there is also muscle milk light, but it doesn't taste as good.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I agree, its great post workout. I love to go spinning about 3 times a week, so I use it as a post spin drink and it fills my snack cravings also! Amazing drink. Just wondering if costco sells it?
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    so this could probably be good as a meal replacement? say breakfast or lunch as a quickie?
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My husband really likes the ready to drink Mint Chocolate chip flavor. It is kind of hard to find. I don't know if they even make it anymore in a ready to drink. I think I have seen the powder form, though he doesn't like that as well.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Funny... Banana creme is my fav. But cookies and cream is delicious too. I only try to consume it after a rigurous strenght training session because it help replenish muscle growth. But as long as you balnce it whithin your caloric intake.. It should be fine :)
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    it must be just me..but i think the pre-packaged muscle milks are DISGUSTING!!!! I was told the powder is better and to make your own.

True??
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I love Muscle Milk!!! The vanilla creme tastes like butter cream frosting!!!:bigsmile: I've been happy with both the Light and Regular. I use the light for snacks, regular for meal replacement!
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    I absolutely love it!! I just started to drink it and I am in LOVE with Banana Creme flavor. I don't know if its good or bad for you, I haven't done much research but I was given a sample few weeks back and I just simply love the stuff. Any other good flavors? Feedback on performance, with/without it?

I just started it too and I LOVE it! Right after my work out is when it's best.. I've had the vanilla.. (The light isn't that tasty... very chalky..) Great to restore everything you just lost!
  • greenstar1216
    Options
    I heard that just plain ol whey protein is the way to go for post workout and things like Muscle Milk which is a blend is best for meal replacements. Just something I heard...

cookies n cream is my favorite flavor!!

Oh Yeah RTDs are awesome too. The vanilla flavor only has 3 carbs and they are way less calories than muscle milk
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I agree, its great post workout. I love to go spinning about 3 times a week, so I use it as a post spin drink and it fills my snack cravings also! Amazing drink. Just wondering if costco sells it?

I live in Washington state and the Costco in my town does sell it. I think it is a case of 24 cans, but I am not sure about how many cans. As I recall they only had chocolate. I can't remember if they carried the light or just the regular. They did have it on one of their coupon books in the last 3 months, and I looked but didn't buy. Might have to try some after all........
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla once and couldnt finish it , it was gross!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't want to look thick :huh: , but what is 'spinning'?

I like the idea of the protein type powders/drinks, but I always seem to be over on my portein and under on my carbs and fat. I even added a teaspoon of olive oil to my low fat milk (shake well) one day to get my fats up, hopfully a little more healthfully than having fullcream milk.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Don't want to look thick :huh: , but what is 'spinning'?

I like the idea of the protein type powders/drinks, but I always seem to be over on my portein and under on my carbs and fat. I even added a teaspoon of olive oil to my low fat milk (shake well) one day to get my fats up, hopfully a little more healthfully than having fullcream milk.

In simple terms, it is organized stationary bike riding. I have never actually done it, but have seen people participate in a class.
  • nekkehd
    Options
    yes basically any protein shake can be used as a meal replacement/snack.