Best part of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    taking my shirt off when i go in the pool.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Not being sick all the time! Feeling and looking better in general.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1) not feeling out of breath when I chase my son
    2) looking good in my black and blue bikini
    3) that space in between my thighs now when I walk, so they dont rub together anymore
    4) single digit pants sizes
    5) when my fiance hugs me, his arms go all the way around, and then some =)
    6) feeling sexy in VS panties again, and being able to buy a MEDIUM when Ive been a large and xlarge for so long!
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not having to slide the seat back to get in/out of the car!!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Top 10 reasons on what the best part of losing weight is.....

1. not feeling winded climbing the stairs, walking, or carrying things up and down stairs (I.E. laundry)
    2. I breathe easier
    3. It's helped me battle my spurts of depression - I can look in the mirror now when I'm sad and say to myself, "Hey, what's there to be sad about....look at this huge accomplishment that you are reaching!"
    4. More attention I am receiving from men.
    5. A larger variety of clothes to buy in the stores.
    6. I feel healthy - not just in appearance, but literally feel healthy from the inside out. I treat my body as a temple. I nourish it only with healthy foods. It's amazing how when you choose to eat certain foods, it aids my depression spurts. Since eliminating the breads, pasta's, potatoes, rices, cakes, cookies, junk foods, etc., my emotions are much more controlled. (Been through an emotional roller coaster the past 2 years....)
    7. I'm not pulling on my shirts/blouses to cover up my stomach and thighs.
    8. Less material to wash AND less material to pack when vacationing!!! - the suit cases are lighter because they're smaller sizes. So, I can pack MORE. This makes me sooo happy to have a large variety on vacation. (and this will not change, but my shoes get their own suit case just for themselves lol)
    9. It's definitely a confidence booster...I don't feel as if everyone is looking at me when I'm in public. I feel this way the most when I walk into parties or out on camping trips. All the women are skinny wearing their colorful bikini's and here I am (WAS) the only woman wearing a black one piece to try and cover up my fat, plus wearing capri's to hide my thunder thighs...and all they wear is a bikini and booty shorts with their bikini top.....Totally depressing at times!
    10. ....Last and DEFINITELY not least.....my health. This is the main reason why I am on this lifetime journey of a healthy lifestyle. Aside from the clothes and looking better, I want to live longer. I want to be able to have children, and watch their children grown. This is for me. And for as long as I'm going to live, I want to enjoy the fruits of life without having to worry about pills, machines, canes, walkers, handicap parking spots, wheelchairs, hospice care, nurses.....NO THANK YOU! lol....
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    . just feeling so much better overall
    . getting rid of that uncomfortable, self-conscious feeling that absolutely everything is (and looks) ill-fitting
    . feeling strong, not sluggish
    . having to start wearing rings on different fingers (weird? maybe. but it's one of the first things I notice after my boobs start shrinking!)
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Check us all out! We rock!!!!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Sex! lol is better. TMI alert but I was able to wrap my legs around my man, for the 1st time in years :) that's my newest NSV. :wink:
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    -taking half the time to shave my legs
    -being able to keep up with my kids (5, 3, & 1)
    -being able to play on the play sets at the playground with them without the fear of becoming stuck going down the slides
    -new clothes ;)
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm military and I am just coming to grips with even having this but for me, the best part of losing weight is feeling able to start dealing with my anxiety disorder and PTSD symptoms from being deployed. To be able to feel like I don't have to be ashamed and hide from my husband. To feel like I can talk and that I have a release. To know that even though I can't control what has happened and what is going on around me, I can control how healthy I eat and how healthy and good I treat myself.
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    Being able to work out at the gym without feeling embarrassed of how I look
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    taking my shirt off when i go in the pool.

This.
    and...
    Being able to use a normal size towel not a bath sheet (my *kitten* used to hang out like I was wearing a hospital gown)
    Looking down and seeing the little fella
    Not being ashamed of my body around my wife
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    The improved orgasms. Just unbelievable.

Just joking... ;-)

--Prahasaurus
  • Mersada
    Mersada Posts: 9
    Options
    Buying clothes in the Junior section instead of the Plus size section...such nicer clothes!! Although, I'm not there just yet.

216793.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    for me the best part of losing weight is my self-esteem. I have always had low self-esteem since my teen years, and I was skinny then! My self esteem went lower as I gained all this weight. Now that I'm losing it, I'm starting to feel beautiful and I am walking with more confidence. I don't feel like people are staring at me because I am so overweight.

other best parts of losing weight is being able to sit and cross my legs lol.
    I breathe easier when I sleep and i can sleep on my back now.
    I'm starting to see the shape of my cheekbones.
    Just alot of lil things that I didn't even realize I have missed and how I am starting to feel good about myself.
  • silviuP
    silviuP Posts: 20
    Options
    1) my health
    2)enjoy doing what i like most mountain hiking (not getting tired after 5 min climb)
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm military and I am just coming to grips with even having this but for me, the best part of losing weight is feeling able to start dealing with my anxiety disorder and PTSD symptoms from being deployed. To be able to feel like I don't have to be ashamed and hide from my husband. To feel like I can talk and that I have a release. To know that even though I can't control what has happened and what is going on around me, I can control how healthy I eat and how healthy and good I treat myself.

That's a really nice one :)
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Not getting puffed out doing something as simple as climbing the stairs!
    Lots more energy
    I want to do more active things not just watch the telly all the time
    (Recently) People noticing Iv lost weight and saying how much better I look
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    fitting into that little bikini!
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Loads of good things.

Main one is my own wellbeing, I feel great, energetic and sleep/wake up much easier.
    I can now run distances without stopping and in fact is my new hobbie.
    I don't feel quite as sick looking in the mirror.
    More confidence
    Peoples comments about how good I am looking
    Feel loads better about my overall health.
    Certain foods are now a treat not just something I could eat when I wanted.
    My performance at work has improved.

Plenty more but cant think of them right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!