Has anyone experienced bad days where you went over?

Options
Has anyone ever experienced days where you went over your calories during your weight loss?

Replies

• Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    Everybody does - it's a program not a mandate. If you stay focused on your goals you will start to see the results. The results will self motivate you to keep going. No worries - enjoy life and appreciate the fact that you are making yourself better.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Everybody does - it's a program not a mandate. If you stay focused on your goals you will start to see the results. The results will self motivate you to keep going. No worries - enjoy life and appreciate the fact that you are making yourself better.

:flowerforyou:
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Oh, no, that NEVER happens to me. /sarcasm

Seriously, happens all the time. When I go over, I try to let it be just one meal on one day, not a recurring theme. And I don't try to go under the next, in particular. I eat when I'm hungry, I'm under my calorie goal when I'm not. Seems to all work out in the end as long as I don't go glutton all the time. :laugh:

Oh, and when I know I'm going to have a big splurge meal (holidays, for example) I try to plan the days leading up to that to be particularly good, even under by a tad, so that my weekly average is pretty solid. As long as I'm not eating over maintenance on average, it's all good! At least I'll be holding steady or losing, not gaining!!
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever experienced days where you went over your calories during your weight loss?

I went "over" a couple of times last week and still lost 1 lb. I don't get too caught up in the number as long as I'm eating well and trying to get my walking in. I consider it a goal instead of a rule. I know some people on here would disagree with me, but that is just how I have to look at it to be successful and to stay motivated.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time. Just get back on the proverbial horse and keep going.
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's happened before, and I can guarantee it will happen again.

Usually, it'll happen on the days I don't get to the gym or do any planned exercising.

Or, it'll happen on a day I'm out with the girls, enjoying an adult bevvie or three ;)

It's not the end of the world, you will not gain a bazillion pounds back from it, and there is always the next day.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I tripple my recommendation, it's impressive.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Doesnt bother me. Just worry about tomorrow.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    of course not. we are all perfect. if you went over your allowed calories you must go back to the end of the line and start over.

do it three times and well.....see ya
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Consciously going over as I type. ;) it happens. Some days we are just hungrier, or more careless than others. Don't stress unless it's every day. ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's even one person on MFP who hasn't gone over ATLEAST once, hell, maybe numerous times! It happens! It's what you do to change it and move on that really counts!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Ofcourse. But I still lost 3,3 pound this week
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Yep - and in the long run, it didn't make a difference.

It's not worth beating yourself up over.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course! Just get right back on track the next day. We are all human. Mistakes, and celebrations, and plain ol' life just happen.
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    Usually about once a week :) sometimes by a little, sometimes by a lot. I was regularly going over, so I upped my intake by 150 and did more exercise.