gaining weight on monthly cycle!

Options
are any other ladies gaining a couple of pounds while on your monthly cycle? if so how much did u gain and did it go away after your cycle went off?

Replies

• emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    yup! that's totally normal - as much as 5 lbs of pretty much just water weight. I avoid weighing myself in the week before my period and during my period so I don't get sad :)

and yeah, it comes right off afterwards.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I gain 5lbs a few days before and don't lose it until a few days after. Every month! It's like I only have 2 weeks out of each month where I lose weight.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started keeping track of this awhile ago. Usually 3-5 lbs for me and it takes a week to go away. I stopped weighing myself because it's not fun to wonder if actually *gained* all that weight. Good luck.:)
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    I often gain a pound or two that week. I don't really stress about it because I know it's water weight.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Usually I gain about 2# the week before my cycle starts; there have been times when I have gained 4#. I have noticed that as long as I remain self aware of what I am ingesting and continue exercise, the weight usually drops towards the end of my cycle. Sometimes I lose even more than just the water gain from TOM. :o) You should see my wii fit plus...it goes down, down, down, up, down down down up.... but it is consistent :o)
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    First off, I hope it's not too weird to say you are gorgeous - love your hair!!! Secondly, I am not sure about whether I gain or not as I have not been tracking on here for a full month yet, but I know i am often quite hungry the week before.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I either gain a pound or two of water weight, or stay the same weight for a few days before and during my cycle. It used to make me upset, but now I just skip my weigh in for that week. Usually skipping that one weekly weigh in means a several pound loss to celebrate and feel more substantial than that usual 1 -1.5 weight loss that I've had on a weekly basis.
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    thanks ladies for the responses i feel so much better now, i probly should just stay off the scale this week lol!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep! Lots! I keep track of it but I try not to worry about it. Its water weight and it happens every time
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies for the responses i feel so much better now, i probly should just stay off the scale this week lol!

I keep up with my weekly weigh in, but I don't report this to mfp. I do this because I love seeing the weight drop dramatically after tom. :o)
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    I gain 5lbs a few days before and don't lose it until a few days after. Every month! It's like I only have 2 weeks out of each month where I lose weight.

HaHa We really are alike!!!!! SAME EXACT thing happens to me!!!! XOXO!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options

I keep up with my weekly weigh in, but I don't report this to mfp. I do this because I love seeing the weight drop dramatically after tom. :o)

You know I log my 'gains' but I kinda like the way you do it!!!... Maybe I'll start! I do have 1 wk a month approx 2 wks after 'its' come and gone where I see a crazy loss! Last time it was 7.2 lbs in a wk!! I DID NOT lose THAT much in 1 wk the 'bloat' comes early and stays far too long!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!!!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I gain a pound or two the day that I start my period. It's different for everyone (my friend swears she's at her lowest the first day of her period). Some people lose all the water plus a half pound or so, some just lose the water and stay the same weight as before, others will drop 5 or 6 pounds after their period. The best thing to do is track it and see what your body does.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Great plan on staying off scale - thanks ladies for throwing it out there I notice I too go 3-4 lbs up.But i really notice the bloating in my hands so that is when I try not to go on scale ..Good to hear I'm not alone :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing this now...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yep....typically 5-6 lbs of water weight. Funny thing...I'm usually at my absolute lowest RIGHT before AF starts....and then I gain once it starts. I usually lose it again within 3-4 days of it ending. Used to freak out over it, but after I started paying more attention, I realized it's just water weight.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Started to notice this too when I started tracking my weight regularly, so don't stress :P. I usually notice 4-5lbs in water weight, it stays a couple days before and a couple days after my time of month, so I don't fret now when I weigh in around that time (I still do anyway, just habit now!). It's nice though to see the weight drop after it's all cycled though :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

HaHa We really are alike!!!!! SAME EXACT thing happens to me!!!! XOXO!

^^Ditto!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options

this