Oh dear - I ate 69 calories over today

Options
for the first time in 6 weeks and it was too much sugar. How bad is this for just one day of this? Usually I've been coming in well under my calories, not eating back all of them. Hopefully I can get back on track immediately tomorrow...My workout week starts up again tomorrow(today was my rest day).

Replies

• LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    Do NOT sweat this. Chances are, your net calories are still at a deficit for the day, since MFP sets the calorie goal usually hundreds below our normal daily output. Also, everyone has a bad day now and then. And my bad days are a lot worse than your bad day!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It's one day out of 42. One day can't break all your good days. Start fresh again tomorrow and don't beat yourself up over it with guilt.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    69 calories is nothing- a tsp of peanut butter is more!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The way my diet is set up, I am always over on rest days and always under on workout days. If you have a 1500 cal limit, for example, 69 calories is less than a 1% difference in a week. Look at the bigger picture and try to make the best choices you can moving forward. Don't sweat it.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    as long as you didn't go to McDonalds for 2 values meals and a diet coke you will be fine. Everone goes over here and there. Nothing wrong with that.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    oh dear, I was 642cals over yesterday - but seeing as I normally have a large amount of cals left on any other day, I wasnt too bothered!
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi Cara,
    Sorry to hear that you went over your goal today. Six weeks is an awesome run of no cheating! But still, no one likes that feeling. It's hard to know exactly what to tell you without knowing what your body is like, or what your goals are. In most cases, an overage of less than 100 calories really won't set you back. We are all imperfect, and sometimes are diets are too. There will be many days on which you may miss your goal. Maybe you are unexpectedly busy and don't have time to pack your lunch, or you have a day that you just have to have an iced coffee... remember that obcessing over little blips on your tracker will only make life more difficult. Best Wishes!
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It takes something like 3500 extra calories to gain 1 lb, so don't worry about the 69 calories!! Just don't do it 50 more times in the week.

Maybe a few jumping jacks to take care of the guilt? :P
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    If you wake up tomorrow morbidly obese, you'll know why.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    it happens.. just don't make it a habit
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    OK, anything less that about 200 calories (+/-) is essentially meeting the goal. Calorie counting is quite frankly just not that accurate.. I have made mention several times in other message boards, if you eat a 6 oz steak at a restaurant for example it could be anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 oz in reality and still meet the qualifications for "6 oz"... Also, even if you measure out a cup of beans... whether that is 35 beans or 38 beans would make a difference in real calories but would not be a difference in measure... (ok, perhaps that is a tad extreme)... 28 nuts depends on whether they are big nuts or little nuts as far as the real calorie count... Exercise makes even more variability given any number of factors... So if you are only 69 calories over, don't sweat it... You may well still be under and if you are over by a little bit, you probably only are making up for 69 calories you did not get yesterday. As long as you are seeing results... don't sweat it. You are doing just fine.
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Haha 69.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Exactly. Some people just don't know how to control themselves.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Haha 69.
    Giggle like a school girl
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

^^^U R so WRONG for 'DAT... LOL>^^^
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOL many people have free days where they go over by much much more 69 cals is nothing and like for me I often over estimate calories so it possibly isnt even that much.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    69? Try going over by 2-3k and then you need to start worrying. 69 calories is like less than a banana so it is logical that this is not going to cause an issue.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options

Oh my...I nearly peed!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    you are doing absolutely great!69 cals is nothing 690 might be a bit difference! keep up the good work!