HELP!!

Options
amyllu
amyllu Posts: 432 Member
I have plateaud now for over a year! Not surprisingly having been soo demoralised at this I have gradually PUT ON a few pounds again. I lost 20lb from April 2010 to Xmas time that year. Having had a bit of a break thro' the hols I went back to my calorie counting in February 2011 but have not been able to lose hardly anything. I tried reducing my calories from 1200 to 1000 and then to 800 for a few weeks... and still no loss to speak of.
I went to see a nutrionist at the hospital who eventually told me not to bother about losing any more weight...would you believe..:frown: ..At just 4foot 11inches and weighing 14st 9lb now instead of a recommended 8st 7lb I am grossly overweight altho' tbh 10st 7lb is a comfortable weight for me and I would even settle for 11st.
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated but... PLEASE NOTE...
I AM DISABLED AND THEREFORE NOT ABLE TO EXERCISE AT ALL APART FROM JUST MANAGING TO DO SMALL BITS OF HOUSEWORK.

Replies

• Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try eating MORE I know it sounds crazy but it really helps I platued then starting eating about 300 more calories a dy and it helped. Alsounder 1200 isnt healthy anyway goodluck!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat for a week at your maintenance level, then resume dieting.
  • traceythetrollop34
    traceythetrollop34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have also been informed that you need to be eating no less than 1200 calories each day or your body goes into starvation mode... sounds a bit harsh doesn't it. Don't get so disheartened and keep going... you have hundreds of friends on here willing to help. GOOD LUCK and KEEP SMILING... xxx
  • amyllu
    Options
    BUT!! I have been keeping to a 1200 calorie a day regime without any results at all.
    Am seriously wondering whether to do one of these sachet type diets.
  • cjkerr125
    cjkerr125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't do any silly sachet diets hun. Seriously if you don't eat enough calories etc you will put your body into starvation mode which in turn will make you stop losing weight. Just wondered on the 1200 calories a day are you reducing your fat intake ??
    I was taking Xenical which now can't get but even without the tablets i'm still doing the diet for the tablets which is 1200 calories and 30g of fat per day. Sometimes I don't have the 400 kcal and 10g of fat per meal but i am very slowly still losing the weight.
    Also don't forget the scientific methods saying you have to be a certain weight for your height is a load of crap. I'm 5ft 6 and I way just over 16st. My ideal weight for my height is between i think 9 and half stone to 11 stone. There is no way whatsoever I would let myself get anywhere near my ideal weight as i would look ill and anorexic. Just don't go by what the scientists say.
    I know it's hard i really do as ive battled with my weight for around 19 years since i was very young.
    Just keep trying and ;you will get there x
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Can you see a physio on the national health?
    Most of my older friends have been given exercises by their physios, or hydrotherapy.

My mum is doing these
    http://www.thebalancemanual.com/1/four-exercises.html
    I'm not saying you have to buy the program, but you may be able to subscribe like she does to a short version

Another friend is doing arm curls etc with a jar of almonds
    :)
  • amyllu
    Options
    Don't do any silly sachet diets hun. Seriously if you don't eat enough calories etc you will put your body into starvation mode which in turn will make you stop losing weight. Just wondered on the 1200 calories a day are you reducing your fat intake ??
    I was taking Xenical which now can't get but even without the tablets i'm still doing the diet for the tablets which is 1200 calories and 30g of fat per day. Sometimes I don't have the 400 kcal and 10g of fat per meal but i am very slowly still losing the weight.
    Also don't forget the scientific methods saying you have to be a certain weight for your height is a load of crap. I'm 5ft 6 and I way just over 16st. My ideal weight for my height is between i think 9 and half stone to 11 stone. There is no way whatsoever I would let myself get anywhere near my ideal weight as i would look ill and anorexic. Just don't go by what the scientists say.
    I know it's hard i really do as ive battled with my weight for around 19 years since i was very young.
    Just keep trying and ;you will get there x

I was given a prescription for Orlistat just when it became unavailable so resorted to buying the Alli and taking two at a time to equal the Orlistat but with very little results. Cost me a lot of money but now can't get that either.
    As I pointed out I am 4'11" and my weight should be..acording to the statistics published... 8st 7lb. Have never, EVER been that weight and once got down to 9st 7lb when I looked and felt quite ill. 10st 7lb is my lowest but 11st the most comfortable. So being now 14st 10lb I have quite a bit still to lose.

Also, Amnsetie, I was given a course of hydrotherapy which made no difference either but did make my back and arm pains very much worse! The same applies regarding the physio...EXERCISE IS EXERCISE WHICH I AM UNABLE TO DO!!