Damn Pizza LOL

Options
my husband ordered pizza today and well i went over my calories :frown: I guess Ill have to try harder tomorrow lol... Just thought id share this with every 1 and one question, HOW OFTEN DO U ALL GO OVER UR CALORIES? THIS IS MY SECOND TIME IN TWO WEEKS SO I GUESS THATS NOT 2 BAD RIGHT?

Replies

• vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Options
    my husband ordered pizza today and well i went over my calories :frown: I guess Ill have to try harder tomorrow lol... Just thought id share this with every 1 and one question, HOW OFTEN DO U ALL GO OVER UR CALORIES? THIS IS MY SECOND TIME IN TWO WEEKS SO I GUESS THATS NOT 2 BAD RIGHT?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I go over a little pretty often, today by 20 yesterday by 30. SOmetimes it happens. I think going over (even a LOT over) is fine as long as it doesn't happen too frequently. mmmmmmmm I bet that pizza was good!
  • teshlovely
    teshlovely Posts: 9
    Options
    I had chinese food yesterday and the other day and felt so bad because I went over on fat and sodium intake as well as calorie intake. I guess in the end tomorrow is another day . Keep your head up and don't worry about it. We can bounce back. :glasses:
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    I go over quite often as well. Not too bad though. Like 100 at the max.
  • vitaytony
    Options
    i went over by 250 lol so i was like what teh heck, Pizza was yummy though, But no more pizza for me, i want to try and just eat my 1350 calories so i can lose my 15 pounds, :smile:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    i went over by 250 lol so i was like what teh heck, Pizza was yummy though, But no more pizza for me, i want to try and just eat my 1350 calories so i can lose my 15 pounds, :smile:

I will make you feel better....I had pizza for dinner....and kept eating, eating, and eating...I am over my calories now for today by 544!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

It will all be better in the morning....tomorrow is another day....one battle doesnt loose the war...want me to keep goin??? hugs!!

Ali
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    ooooo the other day we went out for a friends birthday.. i was good til we went to dairy queen... i got a large oreo blizzard with extra oreos.... so i went over :sad: 1120 cals! :ohwell: wow... but that is the first time i went over since april 1st.. so i think i'm okay... but i won't be doin that again.. but it's that time of the month and that damn blizzard was screaming crystal eat me, with xtra oreos! hahah

it happens to us all! tomorrow is a new day! we can do this! lol
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    i go over my calorie intake almost every other day, lately its been every day:explode: it makes me sooo mad. when i first joined this site i was really good about it, and just these past couple weeks i have been going over. anyways, two times in two weeks is nothing!!! good job:happy:

:heart: Danielle
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I go over here & there.
    Last week was a bad one.. I went over about 700 cals one day.

You have to just start all over again the next day.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! I think it's ok to go over your calories every now and then. It sounds like you are eating pretty well, overall!

However, I go over WAY TOO MUCH, WAY TOO OFTEN. I wish I could say I only go over like once a week by like 100 calories or something. Nope. I used to think my 'negative cal' days were cancelled out by my 'positive cal' days. Well a few nights ago I actually sat down with a calculator and added it up, week by week. I was not happy with the results. Each week I go over my calories by a LOT. So I printed out several examples of 'good days' and one example of 'bad day', and I thought 'gee, I really need to work on this calorie thing.' Easier said than done.

Two days ago I went over by 700 calories. Being mindful of it, I thought I would make an effort to make up those calories this week. The next day I had a little more than 100 left over. Good start...Then today I went over by 500. :sad: My problem this week is pms, and wanting (and EATING) chocolate and lots of sugar. I'm trying to be more aware of when those cravings hit me most. The cravings are also intense if I have a heavy carb meal. It seems my body wants more and more sugar once it gets lots of carbs and then it's a downward spiral.

I would like to have a big ol pity party right now, but hey it's my own fault. So instead I'll try to focus on the positive:
    1. Now I am AWARE of what I'm eating. Even if I know it's not a good decision, I am holding myself accountable by logging it into my diary.
    2. Tomorrow is a new beginning.
    3. I am doing cardio 4 days a week and strength training 2 days a week. I am getting healthier.
    4. I am bringing fresh snacks to work rather than eating bread. (I work in the restaurant industry and bread is an abundant "grab and go" snack in the kitchen).
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I don't order a pie anymore because I know that I'll eat the whole pie (small, of course, but that's still a lot). I only eat pizza if I'm out with a group, or I pick it up by the slice. If I get a pizza craving at home, I pick up Amy's Pizza Snacks (380 cal), or Amy's Pizza Sandwich (300 calo) from the frozen food aisle.

It sounds like the issue isn't really the pizza but the THOUGHT process behind the choice to eat pizza. Whenever I overeat, I try to remember what I was thinking so that I can avoid those THOUGHTS later. Life will never be so easy that all of our "trigger foods" will always be "out of sight, out of stomach."

Questions to think about:
    1. Were you worried that your husband would react badly if you didn't eat the pizza he brought home?
    2. Did you feel like you had or wanted to eat as much as he did?
    3. Did you eat it just because it was there?
    4. If there was no more pizza at the end of the night, was it because you felt that
    - you had to finish it since it wouldn't taste as good the next day?
    - you had to finish it because you wouldn't want it to go to waste?
    - you had to finish it (or eat any of it) because the family paid for it and you needed value for money?
    5. Were you surprised when you saw that it was finished? Where did the time - and the pizza go?
    6. Or was it more like this: "Pizza! Forbidden food! I shouldn't! No no no no - Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" (That is, you really wanted the pizza, and you'd probably been wanting it for a while.)

For me, the answer is usually No for 1-5 and a resounding YES to 6. What about you? Or anyone, the last time they went over.
  • vitaytony
    Options
    hey YELLOW_PEPPER, since we take turns making dinner he does it one day i do it the next you know it was hard NOT to eat after working all freaken day SO i had to eat some pizza... I didnt want to cook anything so yeah I ate haha... But i havent had any pizza in a while so I think i just wanted to eat some pizza and when i came to add my calories i was like WTF what happend? All week doing so good and stuff and today i did bad, but I guess it happens to all of us..... about ur questions well, 1 - 5 I would say NO, but the last 1 i have to say YES, cuz like i said i really was wanting to eat pizza. Tomorrow is another day and i will try again.. THANKS to all of u for ur replys and making me feel a lot better......