Getting rid of "bloatedness"

Options
Hi All

great site and great support here, so im being greedy and asking for more support!

Been trying to eat well and exercise more over the last month
however, still finding that my bloatedness or bellyness is still not reducing....???

what can i eat that will help this, or what can i do to get rid of this issue?

thanks guys

Replies

• speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    keep an eye on salt intake-drink plenty of water as well
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    keep an eye on salt intake-drink plenty of water as well

Yep this ^^^ also try to eat more potassium if your sodium is high. Banana's and green veggies are good for that xx
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    I have the same problems, it is salt intake and if your drinking fizzy drinks that can also cause it ( bloated belly), i find it hard to drink a ton water but eventually you will get used to it.

And maybe find some kind of exercise that works that area aswell.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Cut down on wheats and grains aswell :), they can often make you feel really bloated
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks guys

I dont drink ANY fizzy drinks at all, have completely stopped for many years

i think i will keep an extra eye on the salt intake, have tried to cut many carbs out, inc wheat grain etc

thanks again :)
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your body is adjusting?? A lot of the time, when people start a new diet there body has to get used to it. It can also cause people to have constipation.. Give it a little time and take all these suggestions into consideration darlin.
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks hunny
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Cut down on wheats and grains aswell :), they can often make you feel really bloated

Probably not wise to automatically blame wheat and grains, although they can cause bloating for some people. It is better to try to identify what is actually causing the bloat. I found recently that chewing too much sugar free gum was blowing me up like a balloon. So look up possible causes and eliminate in each in turn from your diet to see what works.