Wearing WHITE to a wedding?!?!

Options
iwantniceabs
iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
I know you're not supposed to wear all white to somebody else's wedding, but is something like this

http://www.thelimited.com/detail/stripes-and-floral-dress/3147531

okay to wear?!?

Replies

• muffinwench
    muffinwench Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Just don't pose for any pics right beside the bride!! ; )
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes, that dress completely fine, unless you have reason to believe the bride is a massive control freak.

One of my husband's friend's date wore all white to my wedding. It was a top & skirt that were different shades of white, and it looked terrible. I couldn't believe that she would wear it, let alone wear it to a traditional wedding.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My sister wore white to my wedding. She always needs to be centre of attention. I was so mad at her! lol
    Outfit is lovely though and like PP said, just don't stand next to the bride!
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That dress is acceptable for a wedding, because of the pattern and colour on it! A completely white outfit is a complete no no! (My sister is getting married soon and is very specific about what can and can't be worn)
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Yes you can wear it because this dress is not considered to be white. The rule applies to all over white dresses. The only exception is if you are attending an all white or black and white wedding, in which the bride specifies that all guests should be in white or black and white.
  • runbikehike
    Options
    I agree...
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    that dress it totally acceptable. It has a pattern and everything.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Yes, that dress is cool. If it didn't have the pattern and colours on it, it would definitely be a no.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yes you can wear it because this dress is not considered to be white. The rule applies to all over white dresses. The only exception is if you are attending an all white or black and white wedding, in which the bride specifies that all guests should be in white or black and white.
    Hey, what's black and white and red all over? A black and white wedding after everyone decides to knock some sense into the controlling ***** who thinks she gets to dictate what other people wear. :explode:

Oh, and that dress is fine by the way. :)