Newbie with a big loss to be had...

Options
Hello, I'm James. I'm 28, from the UK, and I currently weigh 400lbs. The time came along time ago to start doing something about my weight, but I've lacked the motivation to make a change until now and I'm hoping that by joining the site i'll be able to engage with other people in the same situation, be able to gain support on my way, while also supporting anyone else that needs it.

So with the MFP app installed on my phone to track everything that I eat, I've signed up for the gym for the first time in about 10 years, and I've got a new bicycle in the garage ready to take a battering. It's time to take this seriously.

Replies

• NJConlon
    NJConlon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you and your success!
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck, you can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • martinaodwyer1987
    Options
    that's great.. best of luck!! :)
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm so glad you joined. Feel free to add me. I've lost 52 so far. 116 to go! Aarrgghh! I got below 300 pounds last week! Major milestone. So welcome! I'm glad you're here!
  • krazymummy84
    krazymummy84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    first steps to a new you!!!! Added you :-)
  • elenakristine
    elenakristine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck!:) You can definitely do it!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey .... add me if you want
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Welcome
    This site has helped me see what I was doing wrong, how little it takes to ruin a hard days work and so on.
    I have lost 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I need to lose at least 80 lbs..
    You are welcome to add me if you want
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good on you for starting out! A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step and you've made that first step!

Feel free to add me and I'll try to support you as much as I can. :)
  • Kmdforsythe
    Kmdforsythe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! :smile:
  • goodesas
    goodesas Posts: 2
    Options
    you can do it, one day at a time
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    :happy: You've made it to the right place!Welcome:)
    I joined on March 13th-joined the gym the same day too.Sounds like you have all the Tools.Just Log,Log & Log your food!I'm excited for you
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've come to the right place. As you go through the next few weeks, add people that are in the same place as you or can motivate you because of their successes. Good luck and I hope to see your success story! :)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    welcome ... you joined the right place :smile:
  • Nyvo
    Nyvo Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind, warm and positive messages everyone. And to everyone that's added me as a friend, as well those who've opened themselves to being added as a friend, I'm still getting the hang of the site, but I look forward to hopefully catching up with you all soon and hearing about your progress so far.

Cheers!
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good luck~

Feel free to add me. Its great to have motivational friends :)
  • tamlynne32
    tamlynne32 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome James!! I too am looking at a big number of pounds to lose, its daunting to think about but we need to do it! I would love to be friends with you.. we all need extra support!