30 day shred

Options
Hi all

I'm starting the 30 day shred tomorrow. Any feedback or tips will be appreciated. I'm planning on doing it twice a week. I'm jogging slash walking three times a week. Will it make a difference?

Replies

• sarah228844
    Options
    Hi!

I'm onto day 15, and have missed about 7 days in total (technically started 21 days ago or something!). To me it's made a big difference to my core strength and arm strength, and I do feel like I've lost a bit of weight. However, I haven't really been changing my diet so I haven't expected to lose an awful lot, but have lost 4lbs since I started!

I think any exercise makes a difference inside even if not outside, and although if you did it more often you'd see results quicker, twice a week is definitely a lot of effort, Jillian Michaels is hardcore!
  • SukiRob
    SukiRob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Watch your knees - I have had to have a break cause mine hurt so much....im pretty sure it's my own fault not using correct form. It's great though lost 2 inches from my waist and hips in the first 10 days - cant wait to get back to it.
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    Watch your knees - I have had to have a break cause mine hurt so much....im pretty sure it's my own fault not using correct form. It's great though lost 2 inches from my waist and hips in the first 10 days - cant wait to get back to it.

Definetly the knee thing! All those lunges really have to be done with good form and even then you may still get a little sore in the knees.
    If you do get sore knees, take a break for a few days, I unfortunatly learnt the hard way last year when I pushed too hard and ended up in agony for weeks on strong pain killers. Listen to your body and you'll be all good :-)
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ive done it twice now n put on 4 pounds but lost 12 inches and gone down a dress size, i love it, started ripped in 30 last week, hoping to get good results from that too, good luck. x
  • lisalu1202
    lisalu1202 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 yesterday and omg my legs hurt so much. Walking down stairs has been so painful today. I had planned to do day 2 today but decided to wait til tomorrow (fingers crossed). It is meant to get easier apparently. Good luck.
  • mamacoach
    mamacoach Posts: 7
    Options
    Call me the newbee! What's the 30 day shred?
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    its a fitness dvd by jillian micheals off the american version of the biggest loser, its a really good workout, x
  • dietmotivator
    dietmotivator Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's a fitness DVD by Jillian Michaels that has amazing results (generally). :)
  • mvenes1
    mvenes1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I second the knee comment. Jumping + repeated squats and lunges without take a day or two off caused me to stop for several days. Now, I'm more or less doing it every other day because I'm being careful.

I love this workout because you're drenched at the end and feel so accomplished. :)
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I will finally finish up the 30 Day Shred after only 2 months...there were times I needed to take a day or two off. But I made sure I did each level for at least 10 days (level 1 & 2 I think I did more than 10 days 'cause I felt I wasn't ready for the next level). Definitely better looking arms & legs. My mid section still needs work as that's where my body is holding onto the extra fat that I'm still trying to reduce. I'm please with the results. Just know that you can use different size weights for different exercises. Some of the exercises I found difficult to do with a lot of weight.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow too! Good luck to us both :smile:
  • Candicimo
    Candicimo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting the shred! I've done it every single day without taking a break and I'll be finished with it on Tuesday! I'm feeling a lot stronger and I've had pretty amazing results!
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with the knees... My left knee won't stop popping since I started..On day three (I think thats when) I pulled my thigh muscle.. It was extremely painful. Had to get ben gay and sleep with the heating pad..

And i'm on day 7 lost 6.6 pounds since i started.

Day 8 tomorrow along with running in the park (weather pending)
  • tuppencehapenny
    Options
    I haven't used 30 day shred, but my sister has and saw great results (I joined her for the occasional workout though, so I do know a bit about it). While you're still getting started with it my advice is to concentrate on correct form more than "keeping up" - remind yourself it's fine to stop and carefully watch them demonstrate the moves, and do them slowly and correctly at first. Getting the techniques right makes the workout more effective AND minimises risk of straining or pulling muscles.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days in (I am doing it daily thus far) -- I actually had soreness in my elbow (couldn't fully extend it), but nothing I couldn't push through. I can see results in my core even at this early stage. My legs don't hurt much -- but I am on my feet and walk for work - so I am guessing level 2-3 will be MUCH more challenging when it comes to lower body.
  • ljs113
    ljs113 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this in like 5 minutes. I'm scared but hopefully I'll see the same awesome results all of you have talked about!!
  • bmmelvin
    bmmelvin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 15 and I can feel my body getting stronger. I started Level 2 after about a week of doing Level 1. I think Level 2 is a whole lot harder and I'm not very good at planks, so I wanted more time to work on level 2. Hopefully, after doing level 2 for 2 weeks, I'll be ready to advance to level 3. I like it because it's a short workout, but it works my whole body and I'm dripping in sweat afterwards. However, I do get a little bored with doing the same workout every single day. After I'm done with 30 Day Shred, I think I'll try Insanity. I'm also running 2-3 miles most days before the workout.
  • ljs113
    ljs113 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day one complete :happy: Hopefully I can walk tomorrow!!
  • CarikeS
    CarikeS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ladies, thank you so much for your comments! I'm going to focus on doing each exercise in correct form and will try to do it every day unless I experience any severe discomfort. I guess I feel more prepared for "suffering" through it now, but no pain no gain!
  • Jabokwara
    Jabokwara Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Was that all you were doing or you added some other form of exercise?