One Year MFP Anniversary!

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
As of today, I've officially been using MFP for one year! Before starting MFP, I was at my highest weight (around 160), and when I started MFP, I was around 150. Today? I am currently at 121, which is 1 lb. away from my goal! :)

I truly couldn't have gotten this far without my MFP friends, and I am so thankful for finding this site. There have been many ups and downs in my journey, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I've had days where I love the scale, and others where I want to throw it across the room. I've also had days where the last thing I want to do is exercise, and others where I feel unstoppable. I'm grateful for the tools I've learned from MFP and am now much more aware of what I'm feeding my body, what I should feed it, and how badly I used to treat it. I went from someone who rarely exercised, unless it was from the couch to the kitchen, to someone who ran their first half marathon in January, and is now training for my second and third half marathon. I used to never read nutrition labels, and order anything when out, and now I try to make healthy decisions the majority of the time, and pay close attention to the nutritional values with products.

I'm not perfect, I'm human, and of course I have my bad days, but we all do! There are days I still go back to my old habits of eating mindlessly, stuffing my face, etc. And of course, those days we all have where we go off track. However, they're much less frequent, I know I'm a long way from where I used to be, and I'm working on it everyday. Plus, I've come to realize that it's not about being skinny...it's about being fit, happy, and healthy! Just know that it takes time, hard work, and dedication, but it WILL pay off! :)

160to120small.jpg

^Picture on the left: Spring 2009, 160
^Picture on the right: Taken this weekend, 121

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congratulations for a job well done.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congrats!!!
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Amazing result! Congrats on reaching 1 year too. Its also been my experience that I couldnt have embarked on my weight loss then subsequent bodybuilding goals without my MFP friends. They are priceless!
  • NJConlon
    NJConlon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I am struggling with this. Go on and off. UGH. I even have a reason to lose the weight. My daughter's wedding in October. Need some inspiration. You are certainly on that list.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Congratulations on your success! Your hard work has yielded awesome results.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Fantastic! You look amazing. Really great. And congratulations!I use to be thin and really unhealthy, now I´m bigger and starting to get healthy. You´re such an inspiration.
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work and your arms are killer. Congrats on the half marathon. I dream of doing this, but I am so intimidated because I have never been a runner.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look so HeAlThY! And Happy Anniversary!
  • mainegirl114
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Congrats!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    You look amazing, Steph! So proud of you! <3
  • HolllyBot
    HolllyBot Posts: 33
    Options
    So proud of you!! Congrats on your one year here, so glad you are almost to goal!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud to have you as my MFP friend. It's been so motivating to have someone along side me throughout my journey. You've been inspiring and made me step up my game in the eating-department. It's your good habits that have rubbed off on me and I'm so grateful for that. Congrats and cheers to you hitting your one year mark! :flowerforyou:
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work and your arms are killer. Congrats on the half marathon. I dream of doing this, but I am so intimidated because I have never been a runner.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!