How do you make your eggs? Pics please.

Options
I love eggs & that's mostly the protein I have. Maybe occasional chicken. I would love to have new recipes with eggs. Adding pics along with recipes would be great.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:

I'd like to see this, I love eggs.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have started to eat more eggs to get more protein.

At the weekend I had a lovely omelette with bacon, onion and cheese :love:

But id love to also see some photos of other peoples eggs.

Stacey x
  • 4months2beingthin
    Options
    Bump.. :)
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    no pics unfortunately but my eggs of choice are sloooowly scrambled eggs made with 1 whole egg and 2 whites. whisk the eggs with a bit of milk/sour cream, S&P, add to a pan on medium-low heat and move the eggs in the pan CONSTANTLY until you have creamy, soft eggs. takes a bit of time but totally worth it! i also like to top them with some freshly grated parmesan.

here's a video with a similar method--gordon ramsay takes the eggs on/off the heat a bunch of times, but if cook constantly on med/low, you get the same results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    "How you like your eggs, fried or fertilized?"

OK, seriously now. I love scrambled, fried, over easy, and that's about it. And omelettes, with cheese, veggies and light meat.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pics but they are egg whites scrambled with salt and pepper on a whole wheat high fiber/low carb tortilla :)
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins! (aka crustless mini-quiche) I follow this recipe.

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

Mine do look quite a lot like her pictures - I invested in a silicone muffin tin and it's been so very worth it. Everything comes out of it super easy and no added oil from greasing the pan. Dishwasher safe too so it's a breeze to bake with.

Did it this morning with homemade turkey chorizo and a bit of cheese - soooo good. But if you're mostly meat-free you can fill em up with veggies. :)
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs with tomatoes, that's a recipe from a chinese friend.

1-2 tomatoes
    1tbsp sugar
    2-3 eggs
    salt, pepper, chili, herbs...

First I cut the tomatoes in half slices and put them in a pan at medium heat, then I add the sugar, After a minute or so I add the eggs, which I first whisk in a cup. Finally I add salt, pepper, some chili powder, herbs or whetever I want.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I haven't allowed myself this treat in quite a while now but my favourite way with eggs is to gently brown (only a tiny bit of oil needed) chopped cubanelle peppers, onion, Turk sucuk and fresh tomatoes then crack the eggs straight into the pan. Mix it all up just a little and cook with a lid on until the egg whites are just set (I like the yolks runny). Sprinkle some Urfa, Isot or regular chilli flakes on top and eat from the pan with fresh crusty bread. Totally delicious! :)