Stopped losing weight! HELP

Options
i started a diet 2 months with aerobic exercise(jogging 5kilometres/5 times a week). So far i have lost 17kg. I am now weighing 94kg's.
My issue is that for 2 weeks now i've only lost 1kg, and this is making me want to give up. Please help! i need to know why i randomly stopped loosing weight.
Regards, Daniel.

Replies

• collywot
    collywot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a plateau. Keep on,
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    Sometimes our bodies have to take a "break" from losng so that it can adjust to the loss you already have had! GREAT job by the way! 17KG is 37 1/2 pounds ~ well done! Keep doing what your doing, because apparently your body is doing an amazing job on losing. NOW just be patient as it readjusts. Usually a plateau is losing NOTHING for three to four weeks.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    1kg in 2 weeks is still a good loss! :D Well done! it might slow down how much you lose per week, but it's going the right way! keep it up and well done so far!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone 2wks is not a plateau. Continue doing what you are doing and maybe add something different, like strength training.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Agree that the loss is still a good loss! And, as you lose weight you will see the rate slow down as you get smaller. That's normal and healthy.

Have you changed your routine at all? Are you eating the same amount of calories and exercising the same amount as when you started? If so, that alone will account for the slow down. Your body is becoming more efficient. Your new, smaller body doesn't need as many calories as it used to. If you haven't already, now may be a good time to reassess your calorie needs with your new weight, or look at intensifying your workout. Or both.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • sumshe1
    sumshe1 Posts: 9
    Options
    Agree that the loss is still a good loss! And, as you lose weight you will see the rate slow down as you get smaller. That's normal and healthy.

Have you changed your routine at all? Are you eating the same amount of calories and exercising the same amount as when you started? If so, that alone will account for the slow down. Your body is becoming more efficient. Your new, smaller body doesn't need as many calories as it used to. If you haven't already, now may be a good time to reassess your calorie needs with your new weight, or look at intensifying your workout. Or both.

That explained my problem I think? I was losing 1lb every week but now from last 3, 4 weeks I am not losing any weight. I am doing 30 day shred workout and also walk 2, 3 days a week. What else can i add in my exercise to make more effective for losing weight?