WHEN DO YOU WEIGH YOURSELF???

Options
When do you weigh yourself? "In the morning, late at night after going to the bathroom or after your shower"

How often do you weigh yourself? "everyday, once a week , biweekly , monthly or bi monthly"

Have you ever wounder if there is a correct time or day to weigh yourself? If there is when?

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I used to weight every which was great in the beginning when losing weight quickly. But as my weight loss has leveled off I now only weight once a week. Every day is too frustrating. I weigh first thing on Monday mornings in nude before I've had anything to eat or drink. Mondays so that I'm less tempted to overeat when going out on weekends.
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    In the morning, because I feel like I'm going to get the lowest reading that way.

Usually I'll hop on the scale randomly, when I'm about to hop in the shower and see the scale sitting there.

No.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    After my fasted workout.
    Once a week.
  • tlc5294
    tlc5294 Posts: 3
    Options
    Do you use the same scale?

I go around at work and weigh myself on three different scales to see if they all is about the same... I never thought about weighing myself but know I want to all the time hoping a pound lighter...
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning after I pee.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, every day...after the restroom, butt naked.

3x a week, I also weigh myself after I get home from work, just before dinner. Since I IF for those three days...I feel this gives me a more real indicator of what my actual body mass is, without any foreign matter influencing it (no food in my stomach, and little waste left in my body).

I keep track of these numbers on a spreadsheet along with my daily caloric intake. I don't do this because its 'important'...more because its cool to see trends, and watch how my intake actually affects my weight...without the filter of guessing.
  • CrayCat
    CrayCat Posts: 5
    Options
    In the morning, right after I pee, butt naked. Almost every day.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I weigh after my afternoon workouts on days that I work out in the afternoon.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I weigh after my morning workout, after my shower :)
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I try to do it on my last morning before going back to work that night.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    In the morning, right after I pee, butt naked. Almost every day.

^^This
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings at 11am. In my pj's. On an empty stomach (save for liquids) and always after a pee. lol
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in before I pee and after. I like to see the difference. Yes I am weird like that. Lol
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning!!
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning first thing.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    everyday in the morning before eating /drinking
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Mornings and evenings just to see the weight difference. I think I just found my MFP crush ^^^^^
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself about 9234092490 times a day every day ...basically every time im by a scale...but i only do my official weigh ins on either saturday or sunday because it seems thats when i get my woosh effect so im at my lowest weight for the week.
  • stokes_21
    Options
    Honestly, I just bought my first scale 2 days ago after signing up for MFP. I just was never really interested in how much I weighed ... and anyways I'd jump on the scale every so often when I went to my parents. So I put 165 as my starting weight which stupidly was in the middle of my day with work clothes on. Weighed myself this morning, after going to the washroom, naked right before I was about to get in the shower and I'm actually 156.

So from now on ... first thing in the morning, after I go to the washroom but before I shower ... I'll probably weigh myself once a week. It's hard to resist the scale. You just see it sitting there and wonder haha!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Every morning before my shower. When I was doing a weight loss challenge, the scale that was used tended to add 3 lbs to my weight that I took at home. The challenge did not work for me.